Altberg boots (Clubman Classic)

beauchemin

I'm considering the Clubman Classic boot, and I'm wondering if any of you guys have any experience with these or other Altbergs? I've worn Sidi boots for 20 years, but I have a wide foot with high instep and the modern Italian boots don't seem to be made for my feet anymore.

Five yrs ago I bought a pair of Altberg Albion Classics, I think it was 95 pound. I'm not sure if they have that model anymore, but basically, they are 17" high, 3 buckles on the back, and zipper up the back, and Goodyear Commando sole. Very comfortable for riding and walking, [i use orthotic inserts] but only so-so for rain/water resistance. You will have to lube the crap out of them with water resistant stuff to avoid wet feet.

From what I remember, there was something of a communication problem. I've been to Richmond, Yorkshire, and don't recall the people there being particularly dumb. All I'll say is, make it easier on them, and order your boots in European sizes!

Ciao, Steve G.

I wear Altberg All Weather Bandogs- best boots I have ever owned and completely waterproof.

My only criticism is that they are far too hot on fine summer days.

Take count of the advice on their website about sizing- you will probably need to order a (British) half size up from what you normally are.

We may ride up to the shop in Richmond on Friday if its open because I want some lighter boots for the summer.

Guy :helmet:

I have Clubman Roadsters

clroad-b.jpg

Just coming up to 2 years old. 100% waterproof the only wet foot experience I will attribute to water running down the inside of my leg from leaky over trousers and not blame the boot. It was a down pour of deluvian proportions. I've fed them less than a dozen times still have 2/3 rds of the tin that came with them. My foot did start to get cold on the way from Wales, but it was still one of the warmest bits of me.

When I first got them they were very awkward to put on for the first 1/2 dozen times. Had to be very precise with having your foot angle to leg just right to do the zip up. But suppled up quickly just as they said they would and now just jump on to my feet. But still get nice snug secure feeling.

I wear them with fabric trousers going over the boot, If you wear leathers it might be a bit tight depending on how far your leathers go down, width of calf etc. (I just put them on with my thick long socks and my normal denim jeans rolled around my leg and they did do up but was tight. Probably longer in the leg than leathers would be and went down beyond the top cuff. The cuff has plenty of adjustment so should be okay)

If you want a plain black boot without all the poncy external armour and trim they're great.

When this pair start to wear I'll get another pair and then get these refurbished.

Thanks for the review Martin.  Can you please translate your above line for us colonials! :)

85903[/snapback]

Mine came with a tin of Leder Gris wax, supposed to be better than dubbin as it doesn't rot the stitching. Use the term feeding leather products when using something like this other than polish. 2/3 rds means theres somewhere between 70% and 60% of it left. A dozen is twelve.

So I've cleaned them 10 times with the polish that came with them and theres more than enough to do it 2o more times :D

By the way they're good boots