Diablo Corsa or Dragon Evo Corsa?

Baldini

Was gonna fit a set of Diablo Corsas, but been offered a set of Dragon Evo Corsas much cheaper (Dragon is superceded by Diablo in UK, but I'm assured they're not old stock as Dragon is still available in Europe...). Anyone experience to compare performance/handling on both? 02 Scura. Thanks.

KB :sun:

You know my vote, Corsa's :thumbsup:

Metzeler just came out with a new tire that replaces the Sportec M1 called the M3, it even has newer technology and as you may know, the Pirelli's and Metzeler's are made at the same plant.

http://sportecm3.metzelermoto.com/versione_EN/default.html

Perhaps another good choice :huh2:

Mike

The previous owner installed Diablo Corsas just before I picked up the Nero Corsa.

They feel pretty good, but I'm not sure I like the 180/55-17 rear size, and the front isn't as "pointy" as the Bridgstones I've been running on my Sport 1100.

I'm planning on trying a 170/60-17 rear on the next set.

Also, since I'm not really planning on taking the Nero Corsa to the track, I'm thinking of trying either the Metzeler Z6 Roadtech or the Pirelli Diablo Strada.

I really liked the Pirelli Dragon GTS on my Sport 1100 for 'sport-touring' duty, but I think they're not available anymore, even though they are still on the website.

http://www.pirellimoto.com/en_96/tires/tem...Y?catid=96STSTR

Thanks. Turned out Dragon did have a 2004 manuf date so I didn't get them. Put on some Michelin Power 2CT's, they look to have a more triangular profile than the Diablos & not sure how they'll suit the bike but I was wondering if they'll help turn-in.....

.....speaking of which...Mike: bike does turn better w/170 & no downside I found except I figured (in theory) at the extreme it would run off tread earlier than the 180 cos it would have a flatter profile across the 5.5" rim - so I went back to 180.

Anyone tried the Michelins?

Thanks. Turned out Dragon did have a 2004 manuf date so I didn't get them. Put on some Michelin Power 2CT's, they look to have a more triangular profile than the Diablos & not sure how they'll suit the bike but I was wondering if they'll help turn-in.....

.....speaking of which...Mike: bike does turn better w/170 & no downside I found except I figured (in theory) at the extreme it would run off tread earlier than the 180 cos it would have a flatter profile across the 5.5" rim - so I went back to 180.

Anyone tried the Michelins?

85866[/snapback]

My 1996 Sport 1100 handles much better with 'pointy' tires. Turn-in is better and stability is better at high lean angles.

I think the LeMans should be the same.

I know someone here had problems with the BT-014, but its been great on my Sport 1100, as was the Dragon GTS sport-touring tire.

Not really enough miles on my new Nero Corsa to know for sure, but the Diablos seem more round and turn-in is much slower than my Sport 1100.

I keep thinking the main culprit is the 180/55 rear tire...

:huh2:

....I keep thinking the main culprit is the 180/55 rear tire...

...I think you're right! 170 improves turn-in no end, gets rid of the wait for the back to follow the front in...

When I first purchased the Rosso Corsa, I thought it turned in like an over stuffed pig. Changed out the Bridgestone 020's to the Pirelli Diablo Corsa's and it was like day and night. Love the way it feels. Turn in is now enjoyable and I use the 180 rear. And yes, I like to push my bike in and out of the turns.

A more pointed tire may even work better on the 02 and newer bikes with the longer wheelbase, but the early V11 Sports with the nervous steering would even be more nervous with a more pointed tire. A 170 tire is too wide for the 4.5 inch. rim which came on early sports and the 160 tire did calm the steering down somewhat.

Mike

...I think you're right! 170 improves turn-in no end, gets rid of the wait for the back to follow the front in...

85875[/snapback]