Duc Duc goose?

DeBenGuzzi

What do you think about the 999, I know the looks are love/hate but I'm thinking deeper. I dunno just all the sudden I've been reading into more sport bikes and that one keeps popping up as a top dawg. I must test ride it. they also have a 2003 demo bike with a 2 year warranty and 7500mi's but they want $13k I'd walk up and be like welllll I'll give you 10. I think they've had it a while now. maybe a reason for that too tho.

2003ducati999bip.JPG

Guest AdamofKC

I personally haven't ridden the bike, but with Ducati's demo days coming up and the opportunity to ride the new S4Rs Monster seems like a good chance to get a taste of the Testastretta engine. Well... that is if I feel like riding something that powerful!

I like the first generation designs of the 999 a little more so than the newer version, especially when in yellow.

Oh, by the way, nice job of "robbing" the name off of my thread! :D

What do you think about the 999, I know the looks are love/hate but I'm thinking deeper. I dunno just all the sudden I've been reading into more sport bikes and that one keeps popping up as a top dawg. I must test ride it. they also have a 2003 demo bike with a 2 year warranty and 7500mi's but they want $13k I'd walk up and be like welllll I'll give you 10. I think they've had it a while now. maybe a reason for that too tho.

2003ducati999bip.JPG

86615[/snapback]

Amazing fuel injection, one of those bikes that can run with the best & then cruise around smoothly as well. The 999 more so than the 916 etc.

But it still really is a track bike registered for the road (personally I kinda like that) but a l o n g demo ride would be recommenended.

& a brief after you have done that.

n_s_S!

Guest roadholder
Amazing fuel injection, one of those bikes that can run with the best & then cruise around smoothly as well. The 999 more so than the 916 etc. 

But it still really is a track bike registered for the road (personally I kinda like that) but a l o n g demo ride would be recommenended.

& a brief after you have done that.

n_s_S!

86620[/snapback]

n_s_S is right: The 999 is a track bike with plate. If you like this kinda bikes, then the 999 is for you. About Ducatis (but this is for every bike) allways test-drive it. I personally dont "feel" Ducatis very well. That's why it's years I buy and sell them within a year :-)

The 749 / 999 look has slowly grown on me and I think they look better with the red frames.

The 999 replacement is being revealed this year which is said to be 1200cc and styled more like the 916, which most Ducatisti prefer in terms of looks.

When this comes out, I reckon prices of used 999s will plummet because nobody will want last years ugly duckling model, so if you are smart you could hang on and get yourself a bargain.

Guy :helmet:

Either you guys are a lot younger than me or you are letting your excitement for the Duc cloud the fact that those hypersport machines are torture chambers on wheels. Test ride for an hour and your neck, shoulders and/or wrists are stiff. Test ride for 2 hours and its off to the chiro. Nice purpose built machines but definitely not a full weekend ride. And a little expensive to thrash around the track.

Either you guys are a lot younger than me or you are letting your excitement for the Duc cloud the fact that those hypersport machines are torture chambers on wheels.  Test ride for an hour and your neck, shoulders and/or wrists are stiff.  Test ride for 2 hours and its off to the chiro.  Nice purpose built machines but definitely not a full weekend ride.  And a little expensive to thrash around the track.

86642[/snapback]

yeah yeah, but after THREE hours everything should be all glory and hallelujahs...

A mate has one.The roads over here are admittedly a bit bumpy, but about 100 miles is the outer limit of his endurance. "Absolute total fucking torture on the wrists and neck". Seat like a plank too. Generally if we go for a burn,he'll clear of no problem on the occasional smooth stuff,anywhere else,he's slower than a nun in a nissan, the battering he takes from the roads and the slower speeds round here means he's bolloxed while the old Guz may ultimately be slower in a straight line,but I'm able to roll along happily for a lot longer.

I was almost hoping for some bashing, I hated the looks of this bike when it came out but something has been calling to me, slowly making me want it. AND if I Can get one for a song hell yes I'll own one. :bier:

But only one girl gets top honors. :mg:

Guest Steve_W
I was almost hoping for some bashing...

Sure, that's easy. IT'S F**KING UGLY!! Park a 916 next to the 999 and you'll see the light. I've no doubt the 999 is a better sportbike than a 916, but when you park the 999 you won't be turning around to look at it as you walk into the house. The best thing you could do with the 999 is strip off the wretched bodywork and turn it into a Monster.

Feel better? :D