aluminum clipons and bar end weights???

wheelsucker

I just recieved my Tommaselli clip ons from Agostini in Italy, I would like to install the Manic Salamander bar end weights but it says that you should not install bar end weights on aluminum bars. Anyone know anything other wise or have any other ideas?

I figured because the stock clipons left my hands with a pins and needles feeling on rides over 30mins, these would probably be the same. I'm installing them but am still curious if it would be safe to install bar end weights just in case.

Guest guzzzi

The reason not to add bar-end weights to aluminum bars is metal failure in the bars from vibration. :luigi:

The reason not to add bar-end weights to aluminum bars is metal failure in the bars from vibration. :luigi:

88180[/snapback]

then you would think the bars will fail regardless with mirrors or wrist weight on them. I say put them in if you have the vibes. If youre worried you might consider putting in a think sleeve of SS or hell I dunno something would be a lot of work but if youre really worried about it. :huh2:

I luv my salamanders I actually met and purchased them from the guy that makes'em. local for me so I got a nominal price break. :grin: