GPR 2-into1 exhaust

beauchemin

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ads on ebay are not indicative of quality or performance. Maybe desperation? I have nothing of any use to add here. Although I have been tempted by the price. :homer:

Go see it here:

item # 8059400136

Ah, the joy of realizing you just clicked on a 5 y.o. ebay link! :wacko:<_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blush.png" alt=":blush:">

Nothing good can come of this: the deletion of one-half of the insufficient V11 muffler volume bodes ill for the top-end power production, a la' "stick a cork in it..." Yet the short header length before the join points to power production at an rpm beyond V11 redline.

I'm guessing the power output is down all over, with the only appeal being wt. savings & looking lopsided... :rolleyes:

:2c:

Nothing good can come of this: the deletion of one-half of the insufficient V11 muffler volume bodes ill for the top-end power production, a la' "stick a cork in it..." Yet the short header length before the join points to power production at an rpm beyond V11 redline.

I'm guessing the power output is down all over, with the only appeal being wt. savings & looking lopsided... :rolleyes:

:2c:

???????

The pictures only shows a mid pipe/collector and tailpipe/muffler. I did not see anything to indicate the length of the header pipes.

As for the diameter of the muffler, a two into one muffler does not need to be significantly larger (if at all) then a two into two muffler on a twin. Only one cylinder is exhaling at a time. The pipe/muffler diameter is sized mainly by cylinder displacement not total displacement.

And a well designed two into one(I have no idea how well that two into one system is designed)will out perform a two into two system. I have seen that time and time again.

• 1 month later...

I just installed the GPR 2-1 on by 02 LeMans and so far its all smiles :bike: Since I'm not sure if the system is well design I didn't want to dump too much money as I got some extra exhaust can laying around, I thought I just get the 2-1 link pipe but the factory won't sell it to me just the link pipe. I then contact the UK distributor for GPR and they're willing to sell the link pipe to me and even drop ship direct from Factory? go figure.

The GPR 2-1 link will fit a 2" diameter canister and my can is made by Area P Exhaust, with 2" inlet and 2-1/4" core and 18" long (stock is 20"). Right off the bat you'll noticed the weight savings its like shaving 25-30lb off the bike as you only get one exhaust on the left side. I was worry about noise as it only got 1 can to muffle but pleasantly surprise its just little louder then stock at idle and it let out a low deep tone the only a big twin can rumble out. Riding it is just as sweet, now the motor can breath. With stock pipe the motor only wake up above 5k-8k redline but the free flowing exhaust kind of spread the power even below 4k now and just vary vary smooth through out the rev range.

From idle to full throttle, not once did the motor choke, backfire, pop or make any noise that give indication its not flowing well so I guess I got lucky my combination of link pipe and exhaust works. I'm still surprise how quiet it is even on the road full throttle. I can put my hand 3 feet behind the exhaust tip and I can still feel the pulse. To say I'm pleased is a understatement. I didn't dyno the set up but by seat of the pants I'll say its a good system if you don't mind the 2-1 layout.

I'd paid 180 pound $290 USD including shipping to US for the link pipe so vary little to lose if it didn't work out compare with Stucci/ FBF crossover and two cans it'll cost me $1k and I paid 4k for my bike. I try to offer to buy system off owners who are selling their bikes but they still want $600 USD for used system.

6562061249_1f64fcfc9d_b.jpg

6562060609_755e435594_b.jpg

6562060943_5a4538822a_b.jpg

6562061529_abf8f5d906_b.jpg