Moto Guzzi on SpeedTV (US)

jrt

copied and pasted from Russ Maroney via the loopframe list:

To:

Subject: Moto Guzzi on SPEED TV May 9

Moto Guzzi on SPEED TV May 9

This spring Moto Guzzi USA marketing sent a TV crew to Italy to film their travels throughout the country on a Breva 1100, Griso 1100 and Nevada 750.  The footage that they came back with is absolutely stunning and will air nationally on SPEED TV the week of May 9, as part of “Corbin’s Ride On.”

The “History of Moto Guzzi” showcases the past and present of Moto Guzzi, from the company to the innovative motorcycles.  We have had a chance to review some of the footage that was shot in Mandello del Lario and on the ride in Sicily, and we are already prepared to guarantee that the finished pieces that are constructed from this footage will be the most stunning and breathtaking ever to be done on Moto Guzzi.

The ride footage was incredibly beautiful and all three bikes looked fantastic.  Wherever the film crew stopped, a crowd gathered to have their own pictures taken alongside the Guzzi bikes.  The fact that none of the crew spoke Italian didn’t seem to stop people from telling them their own personal Moto Guzzi stories.  As the director and lead rider Dennis Gage noted, “We weren’t always sure what they were saying, but there is obviously a lot of emotion associated with the Brand.”

In addition to the “History of Moto Guzzi” episode which airs on May 9, a second “Corbin’s Ride On” episode that highlights the four-day ride on Sicily will air the week of July 11 on SPEED.  More on this as information becomes available.

As one of the on-camera interviewees in Italy summed up the Moto Guzzi brand, “It’s amore...It’s passione…It’s Moto Guzzi.”

“History of Moto Guzzi” on SPEED TV Schedule

Tue.      May 9  9:30p.m., 2:30a.m., 4:30a.m.

Wed.    May 10 9:30a.m.

Sat      May 13 7:30a.m.

All times are Eastern Standard.  To see the complete schedule, visit www.speedtv.com/programs.  Be sure to check your local listings, as times and dates may change.

Grazie tante,

MOTO GUZZI USA MARKETING

Melissa R. MacCaull

Marketing, Senior Manager

Piaggio Group USA

140 East 45th St.

17th Floor

New York, NY  10017

Piaggio USA Launches New Vespa 250cc Granturismo Sport Scooter in the U.S., see it at www.vespausa.com

Watched the program last night - overall, they did a pretty good job. Strong on presenting the history as well as making the point that the bikes are still put together by humans, some of which are second-generation employees.

Really played into the Guzzi 'family' :drink: side too, much like Harley has done (rather sucessfully) over the years.

After watching, I had to go out to the garage & pat the Le Mans on the tank a few times.....

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

I also enjoyed the program. Learned some neat stuff that I wasn't aware of regarding MG's. Winningest Marque in motorcycling history!

I hope the sincerity displayed by the Mandello factory managers was not just hype. I'd like to think MG has turned a new corner regarding customer satisfaction. Time will tell.

:mg:

Winningest marque, yes- also one of the the most prolific in terms of engine designs- I wish they had played that up a bit more.

Overall, I am surprised they even made that show and dedicated 15 minutes (half the show) to Guzzi. I'm pleased, but a little surprised. Maybe things are on the upswing for Guzzi. :mg:

Guest ratchethack

Great coverage for our favorite marque! :mg:

One of the "claims to fame" was amazing to me - the Guzzi wind tunnel was the first one ever built! :helmet:

I would've thought Mercedes or maybe Auto Union would have rights to that claim?!?!

The founders met up during WWI in the Italian airforce Carlo was the engineer? can't remeber but the company was started because they wanted to race I'm fairly certian even then the idea of aerodynamics was not lost on them. Merc and Auto Union were probally too broke to persure such frivolous sp? things.

So when can I get a copy of this thing? :D

I wonder how much that show cost Piaggio? It was essentially a Moto Guzzi commercial, but then most of the Speed motorcycle shows are basically commercials. I still liked it though, and the TV exposure has to be good for Guzzi.

Did anyone else catch the Guzzi exec comparing Moto Guzzi to italian fashion designers Armani and someone else? :homer: Whatever it takes to generate sales I guess, but personally I'd rather that Guzzi not become known for being a "designer" bike.

Guest ratchethack
Did anyone else catch the Guzzi exec comparing Moto Guzzi to italian fashion designers Armani and someone else?  :homer:  

....personally I'd rather that Guzzi not become known for being a "designer" bike.

Yep, me too. "Gucci, Armani, Guzzi!" "Passione, amore, Guzzi!"

To my way of thinking they layed it on a bit thick in the "fashion statement" department.... :vomit:

So when can I get a copy of this thing? :D

88753[/snapback]

I can put it on a server for you to download if you would like. I recorded it, but I'm not sure how big the file is- I'll PM you tomorrow...or day after tomorrow for Australia. :cheese:

I can put it on a server for you to download if you would like.  I recorded it, but I'm not sure how big the file is- I'll PM you tomorrow...or day after tomorrow for Australia. :cheese:

88778[/snapback]

Well, you don't have to do it by PM, ya know. I'm not a cable subscriber, but I would be interested in seeing this too, ole buddy ole pal.

I agree with most of the above. Nice show.

You can see their philosophy "torque not speed" (keep that in mind when new models come out)

It was also nice to see the actual tech's who put these things together, trouble was I couldn't figure out which one forgot to put the grease in the bearings :whistle: or who it was who got the axle spacers all mixed up. :homer:

Did anybody see any cans or crinkle paint of clutch plates laying around. :D

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

I agree with most of the above. Nice show.

You can see their philosophy "torque not speed" (keep that in mind when new models come out)

It was also nice to see the actual tech's who put these things together, trouble was I couldn't figure out which one forgot to put the grease in the bearings :whistle: or who it was who got the axle spacers all mixed up. :homer:

Did anybody see any cans or crinkle paint of clutch plates laying around. :D

:ninja::ninja::ninja: