bad Guzzista

francesco

I know I am a bad guzzista, my Tenni has only 1100 miles on and is almost 2 years that I bought it.

I'm bringing the bike to Big Twin Cycle (closest dealer 380 miles away), before the warranty expires for oil leak and electrical problems (I hit the start botton and nothing happen).

I would like any suggestions on all the :thing: that a 2002 model should have fixed.

Es: gearbox spring problem: change the Boss with a 15mm one (Ballabio 2004).

If the Tenni has the single plate clutch, should I change it with a dual plate?

Also what the warranty should cover of the :thing: that you suggest?

Please help me here, I know zero about mechanic and I have no time to learn it right now.

ciao.

:helmet: Ciao Francesco,se parli e scrivi italiano sara' per me un piacere poterti dare qualche suggerimento sulla tua moto. Ho visto le tue foto sul sito di Tramas.

Ma spiegami un po',cosa ci fai nel Montana? A risentirci Giovanni #60 :bier:

P.S.= Frequenta un po' piu' spesso il Forum Tenni!

I know I am  a bad guzzista, my Tenni has only 1100 miles on and is almost 2 years that I bought it.

I'm bringing the bike to Big Twin Cycle, before the warranty expires for oil leak and electrical problems (I hit the start botton and nothing happen).

I would like any suggestions on all the  :thing: that a 2002 model  should have  fixed.

Es: gearbox spring problem: change the Boss with a 15mm one (Ballabio 2004).

If the Tenni has the single plate clutch, should I change it with a dual plate?

Also what the warranty should cover of the  :thing: that you suggest?

Please help me here, I know zero about mechanic and I have no time to learn it right now.

ciao.

88526[/snapback]

The spacer in rear wheel, between bearings, could be too short. Seems to have been a common 2002 problem. You could at least check the rear wheel bearings (or get mechanic to check them) to see it there is too much wear – a sign of the spacer being too short.

electrical problems (I hit the start botton and nothing happen).

Ciao Francesco,

try to change the ignition relay under the seat (I had the same trouble and after changing the stock Siemens relay with another one the problem was fixed)!

Ciao

Alessandro

I know I am  a bad guzzista, my Tenni has only 1100 miles on and is almost 2 years that I bought it.

88526[/snapback]

Wow you have nearly 5.8 miles per post!

At this rate, by the time you hit 100,000 miles you will have made over 17,000 posts!

Regarding warranty items, I would just check that everything works.

No flopping tachometer or speedometer needle.

All the lights work.

Bike does not ping.

No leaks, etc.

Since you have to go so far to the dealer, I think you should have nothing special done as you need to visit the dealer more often, just to put some miles on your baby.

But seriously, it is a long way, so get the most out of the service.

And if you are not a do it yourselfer, now is the opportunity.

A good tune up is in order.

Make sure they grease the rear wheel splines and shaft drive.

Checking the rear bearing spacer, as someone said, is an excellent idea.

Rear brake noise would be something to be aware of.

It is low miles, but having them change the fork oil and adjusting the sag could help make you want to ride the bike even more.

Check for deteriorated rubber hoses, etc.

Check the battery.

Be sure to test ride for a few miles after they deliver the serviced bike to you.

Thats all i can think of.

They do like to toot their own horn.

Francesco, you might also have your dealer put some dielectric grease in all the accessible electrical (molex) connections. Also, remove and replace the electric fuel petcock with a manual piece (might already be done).

They do like to toot their own horn and put some dielectric grease in all the accessible electrical (molex) connections. 

remove and replace the ... petcock with a manual piece (might already be done).

88749[/snapback]

See that, Frenchbob – even JR thinks that your petcock should be removed

and put some dialectric in your accessible molex while you're at it