Tarts Handbag?

Ballacraine

I think you have a good bike there Nigel.

I used to have a Jackal which is pretty similar and it was a very underrated bike, and was especially punchy when I liberated the midrange with the usual breathing mods.

I fitted an extra front disk because I used to tour 2 up on it with luggage and wanted the increased stopping power.

I am sure you will be pleased with your new handbag.

Guy :helmet:

I think you have a good bike there Nigel.

I used to have a Jackal which is pretty similar and it was a very underrated bike, and was especially punchy when I liberated the midrange with the usual breathing mods.

I fitted an extra front disk because I used to tour 2 up on it with luggage and wanted the increased stopping power.

I am sure you will be pleased with your new handbag.

Guy  :helmet:

88946[/snapback]

That is the sort of usage I am setting it up for.

Did you upgrade to a revcounter too?

Nige. B)

No I thought about the rev counter then worked out it was too much money and hassle.

I did not ever find it a problem- been riding Guzzis so long I know when I've hit the imaginary redline.

Guy :helmet:

No I thought about the rev counter then worked out it was too much money and hassle.

I did not ever find it a problem- been riding Guzzis so long I know when I've hit the imaginary redline.

Guy  :helmet:

88951[/snapback]

Too true. I am with you there, but that said it would be handy for setting up with the Twinmax.

Nige. B)

• 5 months later...

Be ready for pleasure, the cali is a very capable bike.

About the rev counter, if you are rushing you will not glance that way, mine has one but is no use if I am into something. I hit the rev limiter only 3 times in 11.k miles. :bike:

It is during relaxing driving fun and useful to have it. :mg:

Remember you do not need to be on the Scura to leave the Harleys behind. :lol:

Anthro

Aye, absolutely! :thumbsup:

I have used it enough to know it will be very accomplished at what it was bought for.

It now has a rev counter, a different petrol tank, footboards and large Cali 1 two tone saddle.

This saddle follows the frame rail line, so the original ugly plastic sidepanels ( ironically with the 'Metal' legend on them) are not suitable. They leave a big triangular gap where the original swoopy saddle sat.

I have modified a pair of real metal T3 sidepanels to fit. When they are filled and painted I will post pics :thumbsup:

Nige. B)

• 4 months later...

Finally.....

Couldn't wait for a sunny day......

So took pics tonight when I got back from work.

2007_03130007b.jpg

2007_03130008b.jpg

2007_03130009b.jpg

2007_03130010b.jpg

I'm quite chuffed with the way it turned out.

I was aiming for the mid 1970s...Think I overshot some....looks more mid 1950's in style to me. :oldgit:

Nige. B)