whats an ECU worth?

bigbikerrick

I have the stock ECU from my 2003 v 11 sport that was taken off at the dealership when the bike was new and replaced with the Ti racing ecu. Its been bubble wrapped in a box since then, a fellow guzzisti is interested in buying it I have no idea what they cost new or what price to ask for the one I have. anyone here have a ballpark figgure on whats a fair price? Thanks Rick.

I once paid 50 USD for a new Duc 750 unit.

Is it a good friend of yours?

hubert

89770[/snapback]

50 bucks to a fellow guzzisti sounds like a win - win!

I sold mine to some guy on this list for $125 and then bought it back from the sucker for $124.98 :2c: profit!!!

Just kidding, I paid him $125 and I guess we both lost out on shipping.

I saw a Ducati one on eBay for $50, but I am not sure they will work, and if they do work, they should need re-mapping.

I sold mine to some guy on this list for $125 and then bought it back from the sucker for $124.98  :2c: profit!!!

Just kidding, I paid him $125 and I guess we both lost out on shipping.

I saw a Ducati one on eBay for $50, but I am not sure they will work, and if they do work, they should need re-mapping.

89795[/snapback]

Maybe I should buy it back and make the Post Office rich...

Maybe I should buy it back and make the Post Office rich...

89802[/snapback]

With the eBay boom, they already are rich!

Perhaps what I should have done was bought the MY15 from you, as that does not even use the #17pin that is sucking my battery dead.

I may now have two bad ECUs :doh:

With the eBay boom, they already are rich!

Perhaps what I should have done was bought the MY15 from you, as that does not even use the #17pin that is sucking my battery dead.

I may now have two bad ECUs :doh:

89811[/snapback]

Pin #17 Dave? I think I'd be looking at the bottom of the ECU relay socket to see if terminals 30, 87 or 87A are bridged to another pin by something or pop the ECU relay out in case it's the culprit.

After I added some Fiamm horns to my Sport 1100i, the horn relay got water into it and after a while, the insides corroded enough to make the water real conductive. That drained the battery. Then I jump started the bike. That fried the regulator. I learned something that day...