Vibes

mdude

Collected my greenie from 10k km service on friday. regular changes of fluid, valve adjustment (yes, I got it done, I just havent got the time to tinker through a complete big service) etc

AND: installment of Wilbers springs and stiffer fluid in the forks

AND: adjustment/synching of the injection.

couple of miles up the road I clearly noticed the springs, the forks are alive and much stiffer and communicate whats going on at the front wheel much better. no bottoming out when braking. I need a longer trip (ice cold rain all weekend) to see what they can do in fast sweepers, but i expect the steering to be faster and more agile. actually I noticed already in slow city traffic that the steering damper has to be tightened a bit now, the forks react stronger on tarmac imperfections and has a tendency to kick back.

at the same time I was a bit disappointed about the engine; I expected more grunt and guts after fine tuning. then after the same couple of miles I realized why it felt gutless: it doesnt vibrate. AT ALL. I did not know that the V11 engine could be this smooth. and its damn fast with relentless thrust from 2500 rpms upwards. we're talking wheelies in third when giving stick (small wheelies mind you, I'm a big chicken...like Serge). and it has become smooth and near silent too (except the smooth thunder from the Ti pipes and Mistral x-over, of course). the mistrals add a definitive improvement in midrange, by the way.

Brilliant work from the mechanic, I can almost forgive him that he forgot to change oil in the gearbox and final drive and also forgot to lube the shaft drive.... it couldnt be ALL perfect.

at the same time I was a bit disappointed about the engine; I expected more grunt and guts after fine tuning. then after the same couple of miles I realized why it felt gutless: it doesnt vibrate. AT ALL. I did not know that the V11 engine could be this smooth. and its damn fast with relentless thrust from 2500 rpms upwards. we're talking wheelies in third when giving stick (small wheelies mind you, I'm a big chicken...like Serge). and it has become smooth and near silent too (except the smooth thunder from the Ti pipes and Mistral x-over, of course). the mistrals add a definitive improvement in midrange, by the way.

Brilliant work from the mechanic, I can almost forgive him that he forgot to change oil in the gearbox and final drive and also forgot to lube the shaft drive.... it couldnt be ALL perfect.

89890[/snapback]

??? :huh2::huh2:

Sure you were on your bike? I know my V11 has smoothed out considerably with increased mileage, but no vibes at all? Relentless thrust at 2500rpm? :huh: Third gear power wheelies? Maybe I should get my bike checked out.

Ciao, Steve G.

I might have exaggerated slightly.

but not about the vibrations, actually astonishing difference

wheelies,-me? really..... hah! :lol: