Third rookie question

guzzi jon

Hi again,

During spirited riding, I notice that my 02 Lemans is fairly flat between 4-6K, it has mistrals, a serial PCIII and a down loaded map. I'm planning on tuning it up well, then having Louie and L&L dynolink a custom map. I've seen comment on this forum regarding a crossover filling in the flatness in the mid rpm range. Can you folks recommend a source for a crossover? Are airbox mods standard as well? Need to do all the mods I'm going to do before the mapping session.

Again, thanks for any input.

Cheers,

Jon

Your other choice for crossovers is Stucchi. I have one and I like it. I think there have been some postings on comparing the two....Stucchi has had some fitment issues while Ferrachi seems to have none (that I remember). I can't remember which is better for low/midrange end (Ferrachi?) vs. balls out (Stucchi??). But really- either one is better than the stock piece.

Airbox mods are common. I have pods- I completely eliminated the airbox- but I would now recommend just getting rid of your airbox lid. It's less intrusive, can be put back to stock, is quieter (good or bad) and makes just as much power. On the other hand, the pods do sound cool and they open up the under-engine area.

I am assuming your bike is too early to have a front X over?

I dynoed mine on the same machine last year as my friends V11. We were running absolutely identical specs (both with front X overs) except I had the Stucchi and he retained the standard X over.

Our bikes made spookily identical power and torque curves so it may be that for the bikes with a front X over, the Stucchi makes no difference at all.

It does look better though!

Guy :helmet: