Italian Supermodel

Guzzirider

Guest jim fordham

I want one , looks cool, might have to have a trip to 3 cross, i feel some test rides coming on , I quite fancy a morini.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want one , looks cool, might have to have a trip to 3 cross, i feel some test rides coming on , I quite fancy a morini.

93381[/snapback]

With your Battle Of The Twins racing experince Jim I am sure you could make the most of the power and the chassis.

Guy :helmet:

Congratulations :!: That is a very pretty bike. I agree with the previous post about the oil cooler though. Its a little close to the front tire. it doesnt look like it has a sturdy guard for the rocks from the front pic. Oh well thats only another $100 or so. That bike is all about the :helmet::race: factor :!: Do you think you'll ride the Guzzi much now? I know which one I'd pick :whistle:

Yes I am on the look out for both oil and radiator covers Richard- there is a guy down the road that makes them for bikes so I will pop in and see if he has got them in the required sizes.

The Guzzi needs some TLC so I am sure she won't mind me spending time with the new woman but I will get withdrawl symptoms after a while and want to ride the V11 again I am sure.

• 2 months later...

Now that I have owned the S4Rs for a couple of months I have begun to do some minor mods.

So far:

Termi slip ons with ECU and filter

Quat D cat replacement pipe- this was a pig to fit (needed hole in mounting bracket opening out) but looks beautiful and weighs nothing in comparison to cat.

Black screen

Motrax bar end mirrors- cheaper than most but fitted in 2 minutes and give a great view.

Have a Monza carbon fibre bellypan waiting to go on but this needs some cutting to fit. Also have some R & G crash mushtrooms ready to fit.

Got a radiator and oil coller cover on the way too.

Bike is mentally fast for my slow brain and makes me want to do a poo whenever I ride it. A similar specced bike has just made 133rwbhp on the dyno. Sounds like armageddon itself!

Guy

A few pics:

Duke007.jpg

Duke011.jpg

Is that the door of your garage???

We just need somebody here in Europe to kick some ass to the other guys over sea.

They use to have too large garage, maybe because their Fat Boy.

We European have start with some small bikes like Benelli 4cilinder 3 1/2 or some Moto Morini.

That's why our garages and streets are small

Guest golden goose

Fabulous looking Duc! Glad to see thay haven't opted for shaft drive. Remember, tha automotive industry swore by chain drive. Right up 'til 1906 :doh:

It looks a lot better with the new slip-ons and the bar-end mirrors. I think a custom seat with some Italian colors would look pretty good also.

As for the V4..meh. I'm not a huge fan of the bodywork. My favorite Duc superbike is still the original 916. To me, nothing beats the sound of a Duc with free-flowing pipes and the clinka-clinka-clinka of a dry clutch. :P::thumbsup:

In FACT, if I were to ever get another Monster, I'd opt for the original S4, with the 916 motor. I think it was the last year they still put a dry clutch on a Monster. Plus, it had the pipes on either side, which I also still prefer. The dual muffler arrangement looks ok, but I think the traditional style looks better from the back, especially with high-pipes. :2c:

Yours is real nice though Guzzirider... but, do you ever ride the Guzzi anymore?

The newest Honda CBR600RR 2007!!!!

Well, is this a beauty or NOT?!

This is the new generation. Definitely different as the old one. You can see the style and the new aerodynamic of this newest bike. It looks as the new Hyper project of the world famous designer from Japan, the land with the most talent designer of the entire universe.

This piece of technology goes faster (0,5 km/h) than the old one and has more power (¼ HP).

For more info about the newest Honda look at:

http://www.motociclismo.it/edisport/moto/N...E5?OpenDocument

In FACT, if I were to ever get another Monster, I'd opt for the original S4, with the 916 motor. I think it was the last year they still put a dry clutch on a Monster. Plus, it had the pipes on either side, which I also still prefer. The dual muffler arrangement looks ok, but I think the traditional style looks better from the back, especially with high-pipes. :2c:

Yours is real nice though Guzzirider... but, do you ever ride the Guzzi anymore?

It still has a dry clutch- and if you realy wanted you could buy an exhuast kit to have a pipe each side.

In the UK, S4's go for really cheap money second hand- you can get a good one for £3500, and if you are lucky you can still find the old S4 Challenge race bikes which had £7000 of Ducati Performance extras but have still proved reliable.

And yes- I use my Guzzi every weekend too!

The newest Honda CBR600RR 2007!!!!

Well, is this a beauty or NOT?!

Sorry......... Here today, gone tomorrow. Lost in the continuous flow of Japanese speed. I'm sure it is a technical marvel but to me it has no soul. YMMV. Makes the world go round!

It still has a dry clutch- and if you realy wanted you could buy an exhuast kit to have a pipe each side.

In the UK, S4's go for really cheap money second hand- you can get a good one for £3500, and if you are lucky you can still find the old S4 Challenge race bikes which had £7000 of Ducati Performance extras but have still proved reliable.

And yes- I use my Guzzi every weekend too!

AH, my bad... for some reason I thought they had moved to wet clutch. Well, then, an vented clutch cover might be in order :)

I keep my eye open for S4's on the market, but there aren't very many of them, and they aren't particularly cheap. Maybe the Monster wasn't as popular over here at that time? Now, the roads are lousy with them. Seems like every 10th bike is a Monster some days.

My fear would be though that if I bought a Monster, I'd ride the Guzzi less. I know I want a second bike, but I'm still up in the air as to what. I've been thinking about a 916 (or 748 maybe), a Sprint ST, Daytona 675, or maybe even a GSXR 750. Of all of those, the ones that really call to my "soul" are the Ducs or the 675. I just don't know though.

Out of the bikes I've had before, the one I miss is the 748. I'm not against trying something new though.

take a look at how a little color from the Sargent seat looks like on a dark S4Rs...

do you mean the possibly hot girl leaning on the bike? :lol: I hope she's hot(or of age) cause its small and grainy and hopefully not your daughter cause that'd be golden bodge material, I can't tell, anyway quite the collection :whistle: