Mistral Exhaust + Crossover

Dr Gil

After much agonizing about exhaust I've pretty much decided that I'm interested in putting some Mistral Oval's and crossover on my '02 Le Mans. I've slogged through many of the online links and have yet to find a satisfactory site for purchasing.

If anyone has a link for someplace offering Mistrals at good prices would they please let me know.

After much agonizing about exhaust I've pretty much decided that I'm interested in putting some Mistral Oval's and crossover on my '02 Le Mans.  I've slogged through many of the online links and have yet to find a satisfactory site for purchasing.

If anyone has a link for someplace offering Mistrals at good prices would they please let me know.

91025[/snapback]

I think MotoInternational, MPH, and MGCycles all offer for about the same price and are the only importers...I could be wrong.

MotoInternational is part of the TLM guzzi network that advertises with us, so I recommend them.

If you are on a tight budget, a few have saved money by ordering from Agostini in Italy

http://www.agostiniduilio.com/

Guest magomerlino1980
I think MotoInternational, MPH, and MGCycles all offer for about the same price and are the only importers...I could be wrong.

MotoInternational is part of the TLM guzzi network that advertises with us, so I recommend them.

If you are on a tight budget, a few have saved money by ordering from Agostini in Italy

http://www.agostiniduilio.com/

91032[/snapback]

Why don't you contact directly Mistral on its site www.mistralspecialparts.it or the manager Mr Micheli at micheli.r@tin.it

He's very nice and made me save lots of money on mufflers and crossover, he may as well arrange something for you

Marco

Thanks guys, your replies have put me on the scent. :thumbsup:

I've got an email off to Todd at MPH and will contact Mistral directly. Now if I only had the money...perhaps later this summer. :rolleyes:

Guest rosso mandello

Are your shure, that you are ready to pay the price on HP as well, it is a fact that it will cost you a 10 HP on top if you decide to go for the Mistral x-over.

I know, I´we been there

ciao

Are your shure, that you are ready to pay the price on HP as well, it is a fact that it will cost you a 10 HP on top if you decide to go for the Mistral x-over.

I know, I´we been there

ciao

91122[/snapback]

Even after having plodded through the 100's of x-over postings I admit to still being a bit confused (well, maybe more than "a bit"). :huh2:

I "thought" that I knew that the x-over would give me more mid-range torque...and since in reality that's where I spend most of my time I thought that would be a good thing.

Have I got it wrong or are you simply talking about the brand of x-over I was considering. Mostly I'm thinking about the Mistral simply because I'm interested in the Mistral exhaust and figured "Mistral pipes then naturally Mistral x-over." I am not so far along in my decision making about this that I don't pay close attention to the "voice of experience." :)

Not that it's an advantage at all to retain the stock crossover horsepower wise, but one thing I will note that it is robustly made, and because of it's strong hanger, header cracking will be reduced. Less pressure will be put on the headers, from having to carry the weight of the exhaust. I think some of the crossover options out there do not have a carrier.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest rosso mandello

I "thought" that I knew that the x-over would give me more mid-range torque...and since in reality that's where I spend most of my time I thought that would be a good thing.

You will have more torque in the middel area, but from 6000 rpm nothing happens, that is my obersavation.

take your pick, ciao