Paint Codes

Good day all,

I am painfully close to getting my 2002 V-11 Le-Mans back on the road. I say painful as I am now in month 14 waiting for the arrival of a 'factory new' complete fairing for it. I know love hurts but this is boderline S&M. This is the last hard part keeping me from completion.

At any rate the fairing is reportedly coming to me completely assembled and painted. How nice. The seat surround was scuffed in the tumble so it needs to be resprayed. The front fender was acquired from a very helpful club member but needs to be color matched to the original. Where does one locate paint type and codes so as to arm my painter? The dealer is now defunct and the newest dealer is not up and running so I cannot go there.

The bike is red and silver and crying to get more that 900 kms on the clock. Any help on both colours is, as always greatly appreciated.

Ron Nichols :thumbsup:

Forget paint numbers! Only thing you can do is go to a good automotive painter and get a color match. If I were you I would respray everything red again. No chance for color mismatch.

The red is silver with several coats of red transparant lacquer. Not easy to match!

Guest PAULSMART

Jaap is right - colur matching is a nightmare - I'm picking up my green tank tomorrow (for the second time) and know it will not be a perfect match, I wish had lived with the small scratch!!!

Paul

:helmet: Hi Ron, the paint code is a big problem for us. I've had try to call Moto Guzzi from september 2005 to april 2006 for Tenni color paint code,answer:I don't know what is the code for the paint! :( The last month I have write to Motociclismo(Italian most famous motorcycle magazine) for explaine our disappoint in the Moto Guzzi customer service. Now I try to call the color factory in Como,near Mandello,this is "Lechler" :angry: Ciao #60