• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One reason soccer has never held any interest for me, either to play or to watch, is that the participants are barred the use of hands. Silly and artificial in a game for men, foregoing use of upper-body strength.

This head butt shows how far "e-armulated" you soccer boys have become: Even when committing a blatant and violent foul on your fellow players you eschew your arms and hands. Too effing funny! Is a head butt less violent and more acceptable than punch or grabbing him wih hands and tossin him to the ground? What?

Either let the players use their arms or disallow the goalie use of his, too. Make him block shots with his face only, perhaps?

94614[/snapback]

I think if you took away the use of hands for the goalie it would get much more interesting and score would reach acceptible levels....all this 1-1 1-0 final score crap, bites.

What do you think of Aussie Football and Rugby?

Much better spectator sports than American Football, or soccer!!!imho

and where headbutts is an cruical part of the game  :glare:

94628[/snapback]

You'll maybe have noticed that Zidane is still a hero today, in France. Could be something to do with the fact that the Italian player involved wished his family a slow death.......on the day that Zidane learned his mother was critically ill.

Zidane's dignity and honour are intact as far as I'm concerned, which is more than I could say for Beckham, or Rooney, sadly.

Guest Nogbad

Sorry. Whilst I sympathise with him, there is no excuse for what he did. People insult other people all the time and it is never acceptable to react with bullets, bombs and yes, even headbutts. So no, hero in France or not, the guy deserved the red, and should be ashamed of himself.

I guess part of the reason he is some hero still in France is an element of sore losing. "At least ZZ beat an Italian" kind of thing.

Terrible thing to happen. It will be the enduring image of the 2006 World Cup.

Sorry. Whilst I sympathise with him, there is no excuse for what he did. People insult other people all the time and it is never acceptable to react with bullets, bombs and yes, even headbutts. So no, hero in France or not, the guy deserved the red, and should be ashamed of himself.

I guess part of the reason he is some hero still in France is an element of sore losing. "At least ZZ beat an Italian" kind of thing.

Terrible thing to happen. It will be the enduring image of the 2006 World Cup.

94650[/snapback]

I agree: he did deserve the red. I'm sure he agrees, and that he is ashamed. And I still think his honour and dignity are intact!

It's interesting that the official focus here is not on hating the Italians, but on celebrating a team that went much further than anyone really thought it could, and the media seem more or less to be following that line. Moreover, they played better than the Italians, on the night, in my opinion.

I continue to deplore the Latin teams' habit [the Portugese did it to Rooney] of goading the star players in the opposing team in the hope that they will lose their cool in the heat of the match.

However, the Italian game has had little reason to celebrate, recently: I don't begrudge them their moment.

Materazzi deserves anything he gets.  He's certainly no choir boy.

You'll maybe have noticed that Zidane is still a hero today, in France. Could be something to do with the fact that the Italian player involved wished his family a slow death.......on the day that Zidane learned his mother was critically ill.

Yes this ,materazzi thing, looks like a gang junkie and apparenltly acts like one as well.He just spoils the beauty of the sport ,and , hmm, deserves the worst. a043.gif

Zidane's dignity and honour are intact as far as I'm concerned,

Well of cource ,i can imagine that after all that good he offered to football in those years, he could even piss on this little junkie right there in the middle of the field and still has hie name intact....lol.

Zidane has made a name and a carrer that most players have not even dreamed about.

I continue to deplore the Latin teams' habit [the Portugese did it to Rooney] of goading the star players in the opposing team in the hope that they will lose their cool in the heat of the match.

I agree , In my country is said about that, Latins=Cretins.

IMO Italians are not so much of latins, but they do get play dirty sometimes(and that's not a mentality that originates in mediteranean tribe(s) )

France dominated most of the match and should have won the cup , but in football all what it counts at the end is who scores the most goals, and that penalty shotout has to do with luck as well and not only skils.

French Bob said >

Alex said >

Intersting the only goal that France scored was on a penalty shot. They did not pass the defence, only one dangerous Mr.Z head shot, but Buffon was right there.

Italy had more heart.

Italy deserved it, period.

It makes motorcycle racing seem like a sport of Gods, doesn't it!

94680[/snapback]

I always figured flying would be more the sport of Gods....of course for us mortals, if you push the adrenalin level up, and make a mistake, you are dead if you are flying, but on a motorcycle, it is usually just a very painful learning experience....Keep the rubber side down.

PS why hasn't RollerBall taken off???

I always figured flying would be more the sport of Gods....of course for us mortals, if you push the adrenalin level up, and make a mistake, you are dead if you are flying, but on a motorcycle, it is usually just a very painful learning experience....Keep the rubber side down.

PS why hasn't RollerBall taken off???

94684[/snapback]

I'm not the first to think of this but how about this for an Olympic sport:

Aerial combat with contemporary aircraft but with laser guns so that when you get your first hit on your opponent his throttle becomes limited to 75%. next hit 50% and then 25% and then the throttle is cut. This is all done above 10,000 feet altitude and when you are "shot down" and descend below 10,000 your engine will function again.

I believe many of the original Olympic sports were based on warrior skills so why not this one?

I'm not the first to think of this but how about this for an Olympic sport:

Aerial combat with contemporary aircraft but with laser guns so that when you get your first hit on your opponent his throttle becomes limited to 75%. next hit 50% and then 25% and then the throttle is cut. This is all done above 10,000 feet altitude and when you are "shot down" and descend below 10,000 your engine will function again.

I believe many of the original Olympic sports were based on warrior skills so why not this one?

94685[/snapback]

Doesn't allow for deflection. The laser hit is more like missile lock rather than a dog fight.

But much more exciting they're advertising the Red Bull air races on the telly.

In my country we play hockey.

We don't use our feet or our hands. Monkeys use their feet and hands. We use sticks. It is called evolution!

94680[/snapback]

And we don't head butt somebody in the breast bone when they insult our sisters... we break their noses.

Rj