Italia Day in the Park

Steve G.

For those wishing to bring a large gathering of Moto Guzzi's together, this is the event to do it, in the Pacific North West of North America. This years featured motorcycle marque is Laverda, and as the biggest parts supplier in the world, and good friend Wolfgang Haerter will be down, and I own a Laverda, I will be dodging bullets from everyone. But, It is my little Guzzi's turn, and the Laverda is partially disassembled for maintenance since it's 12,000 mile run last year.

I'm going to blast up to Horseshoe Bay from my region of Guildford in Surrey, have breakfast at Trolls, see off my buddies going on the British Motorcycle run through the Duffy Lake pass [ the complexity of multi bike, multi bike origin ownership is hard to juggle] , and do a quick shoot up Cypress Bowl before heading down to the waterfront park.

Location; Lonsdale Quay Park, 100 yards west of the Seabus Terminal on the waterfront in North Van. I'll be there probably around 10:00am. Weather call to be sunny and 70deg F.

Ciao, Steve G.

I will unfortunately be hauling logs off a mountain with a helicopter so I don't expect to be there - unless it is a foggy day!

I had hoped to bring the MGS along and ride the Centauro but some of the bodywork is still at the paint shop!!

Crossing my fingers and hope to see you there!!

For those wishing to bring a large gathering of Moto Guzzi's together, this is the event to do it, in the Pacific North West of North America. This years featured motorcycle marque is Laverda, and as the biggest parts supplier in the world, and good friend Wolfgang Haerter will be down, and I own a Laverda, I will be dodging bullets from everyone. But, It is my little Guzzi's turn, and the Laverda is partially disassembled for maintenance since it's 12,000 mile run last year.

I'm going to blast up to Horseshoe Bay from my region of Guildford in Surrey, have breakfast at Trolls, see off my buddies going on the British Motorcycle run through the Duffy Lake pass [ the complexity of multi bike, multi bike origin ownership is hard to juggle] , and do a quick shoot up Cypress Bowl before heading down to the waterfront park.

Location; Lonsdale Quay Park, 100 yards west of the Seabus Terminal on the waterfront in North Van. I'll be there probably around 10:00am. Weather call to be sunny and 70deg F.

Ciao, Steve G.

92033[/snapback]

Hi Steve G !!

you bet l'll be there!!. :thumbsup: .........l figure that there is about a dozen of us V11 form types in the general Western B.C. area. l've been pushing the :helmet: ltalian car/bike day for awhile as well so l hope that we get a good turn out.

:helmet: bikes rule..(l just happen to think that :mg: is the one for me)

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I forgot to mention it's this weekend, June 18th.

I can see your point about it being stuffy Ryan, with the car guys not the bike guys. Fortunately, Sailor Hagar's across the street serves a fantastic IPA.

So what's the deal with your V11 Ryan? Is it really true it has the soul of the devil? What's the situation right now?

Ciao, Steve G.

So what's the deal with your V11 Ryan? Is it really true it has the soul of the devil? What's the situation right now?

Ciao, Steve G.

92138[/snapback]

At the moment I've just discovered why my trans started leaking so badly. One of the bolts (internal one of course) holding the rear trans cover on is missing. Either it was forgotten when Brit Ital did the warranty work, or it was loose and worked it's way loose and is now mashing about inside. It is the first bolt below and left of the filler neck. There are the other few long suffering issues (like horrendous mileage) that also need to be addressed. I'm sick of working on the thing so it's going to be an old bike summer.

For every glorious hour of riding I've spent at least three hours working on it. I've gotten better service from my '70 Triumph.

That's the problem with buying a bike with soul - it can be possessed!

Last time I sat down to strip it down it immediately threw itself onto the Ducati. Just got all the busted bits for both replaced, now I notice the hole...

Rj

I'd love to join you all but in-law pressure seems to dictate I'll be going to a car/hot rod show in Qualicum on the day in my corvair. I know what I.d rather be doing, but I think the Mrs. get seniority over here.

I just seem to be missing everything this year!

I'd love to join you all but in-law pressure seems to dictate I'll be going to a car/hot rod show in Qualicum on the day in my corvair. I know what I.d rather be doing, but I think the Mrs. get seniority over here.

92247[/snapback]

Give us a time and place and we can arrange a kidnapping!!

Will you be on the mainland at all? Perhaps a meeting could be arranged.

92247[/snapback]

I have fond memories of Qualicum Beach. My dad's old buddy ran the Little Qualicum River fish hatchery for decades, and not only did we spend summers there while kids at the rivers origin, Horn Lake, but spent many days there helping at the hatchery helping new baby sockeye salmon make there way. Good times!

Ciao, Steve G.

It was great Jim. In fact, it seems to be getting too big. The park was so full, the Lamborghini's were almost falling off the edge of the cliff into the ocean. A Ferrari Marinello had to leave early, and the fellow had to use a blowhorn to ask for bikes to be moved so he could get his car out.

V11 based bikes consisted of my green V11, Van's Lemans Tenni, a recent trade in grey V11 Sport brought in by British Italian's salesman Mike, and a nice red/black Lemans. I think I saw Zoltan's green V11 parked out with the non Italian bikes out on the lane. Perhaps 12 Tonti based M.G., a couple Californias, and my favourite of the entire show, a majestic Falcone, just lovely! I think maybe 25 Ducatis of various model, 2 MV Agusta Brutales, [ my buddies 750, and Van's brother's 910]. There were 6 Laverdas [the featured bike marque], including an SFC, 750SF, Mirage, and including mine, 3 Jota's. Fritz brought along his usual collection of jewelery quality Parillias and Ducatis, and Al brought along his Moto Morini 500 Sport. There may have been more, but the senses got overloaded by all the hardware. I would guess bikes numbers about 45.

Cars, well perhaps 125, Lamborhini's featured at the car marque meant they came out of the woodwork like I've never seen. At least 10 Guillardo's [excuse the spelling, you know the V10 ones] and 3 Mucillego's, and several older ones like a Diablo, and I think a Uracco and other big sport coupes with V12's and V8's. At least 25 Ferarri's, old and new, Mazzerati's old and new, and a huge gaggle of Alfa Romeo's, Fiat's, including full race Abarth's. As this is also a French car/bike display, there were many big Citroen saloons, a lovely old Bugatti, and a couple of old things I've never seen before.

I've got some pictures, but to be honest, I'm pretty basic on the computer, and will have difficulty getting those pictures out of my camera [now in a file] and onto this forum. I've tried before with little success. I'm not sure if Van or Zoltan took pictures.

Ciao, Steve G.

I have pictures Jim! It's too bad I missed Steve and Van. We got to the show late (went to a party until 3:30 in the morning :drink: -need I say more!) I must have just missed Steve and later I parked my bike next to Van's but when I came back from lunch Van was already gone. We'll have to meet next year, or for coffee at Caffe Calabria. Anyway the show was great, I'll post some pictures here and if you want all the pictures I can email you the full set.3Bikes.jpgmygreenV11.jpg

I ran out of space for the pictures on the last post. I'll have to scale down the pictures. Here it goes.DSCF1323.jpgDSCF1320.jpgDSCF1313.jpgDSCF1312_1.jpgDSCF1310_1.jpgDSCF1344_1.jpg The Tenni is Van's and the MV is his brother in law's (from Texas) so that must be the 910 brutale

• 4 weeks later...