changing front turnsignal on 02 LM

Guest SantaFeRider

Guest SantaFeRider

I am approaching the time when I'll be able to ride again, so I need to change the left front turnsignal on my 02 LeMans, the only thing that broke when I had my accident last February, with exception of my knee and tibia :angry:

The leads from the turnsignal plug into leads to the harness and are covered by some plastic tubing (probably to protect the connection from the weather). Is this tubing the shrink-wrap type or is it just a re-usable cover?

When I try to pull the connection apart the pull is quite hard and I don't want to force it before asking this question to the experienced tinkerers.

:luigi:

Just two bullet connectors. The cover isn't shrink wrap but does tend to go a bit firm. Just tug them apart. Might need to clean up the connectors and a blob of some grease when putting it together wouldn't go amiss (Just like I don't :homer: ). It's not even critical which connector into which.

The only thing to watch is the seating of the captive nut of the foremost bolt that holds on the stems. Mine was slightly dislodged when I last had the fairing off and I had to rebend the clip, a bit of a bugger but not impossible to get it back.

You were unlucky* when I dropped mine I only knocked off the lens and the stem was intact.

*Obviously with the leg etc. I just had 3 days worth of bruising and limping.

Good to see that the healing process is almost complete

Guest SantaFeRider
Just two bullet connectors. The cover isn't shrink wrap but does tend to go a bit firm. Just tug them apart. Might need to clean up the connectors and a blob of some grease when putting it together wouldn't go amiss (Just like I don't  :homer: ). It's not even critical which connector into which.

The only thing to watch is the seating of the  captive nut of the foremost bolt that holds on the stems. Mine was slightly dislodged when I last had the fairing off and I had to  rebend the clip, a bit of a bugger but not impossible to get it back.

You were unlucky* when I dropped mine I only knocked off the lens and the stem was intact.

*Obviously with the leg etc. I just had 3 days worth of bruising and limping.

Good to see that the healing process is almost complete

92599[/snapback]

thank you for your wisdom, Martin, and for the good wishes. I have made great advances - given the seriousness of my injury - in the last 45 days. From a wheelchari to crutches, from two crutches to one and now I am gradauting to a cane. Flex is not enough for the LM, but if I'd have a California I guess I could ride it, behind the back of my doctor. I have been doing heavy leg presses on a machine, so I think I could keep the bike upright :D

Be well and enjoy the summer, they only come once a year :lol: