Tank Suck

quazi-moto

The safer solution is to position the tip-over valve correctly...however that is??? I think people said vertically, but I suppose it is possible the valve was installed backwards, in which case vertically and upside-down would be correct. :P

FWIW at least on V11 was lost in flames, so it is true, doodoo happens.

Guest PAULSMART

check the air vent rubber pipe is not pinched.

use a piece of small pipe placed over the air holes under the filler cap and blow hard....any resistance and its blocked/pinched.

there are two holes, so try both as they should all be clear.

Paul

You can remove the rubber grommet just under the gas tank lid and that will cure it.  Not the safest strategy, but it's effective.

92894[/snapback]

:stupid:

Much quicker and effective than farting around with the tip over valve. Safer? Your last worry in a slider is the little help that tip-over valve gives.

You can also cut a tiny slit in the grommet and that will allow enough air in, and if you ever tip over, the fuel will leak out a little bit slower than no grommet, and less fuel will evaporate into the warming global troposphere :grin:

Guest Barnapkin

Paul got that one right. My hose was pinched (nothing personal), and my tank sucked enough to let the paint separate from the tank. I had three large paint bubbles where the platic tank had deformed. It took guzzi 11 months to finally replace the tank. My dealer had to go back 3 times with his claim for warranty work.

FYI= double check the tube routing anytime you lift the tank. ie: installing an aftermarket air filter.

Paul got that one right.  My hose was pinched (nothing personal), and my tank sucked enough to let the paint separate from the tank.  I had three large paint bubbles where the platic tank had deformed.  It took guzzi 11 months to finally replace the tank.  My dealer had to go back 3 times with his claim for warranty work.

FYI= double check the tube routing anytime you lift the tank.  ie: installing an aftermarket air filter.

93542[/snapback]

The valve was installed backwards on my Rosso Corsa. It works much better when installed correctly!! :bier:

:grin: Last I saw mine, it was working great in the trash can.

• 1 month later...

I had a dealer install a FBF lidless airbox kit. I wonder if they messed with the hose routing when the tank was off. I want to pull the tank off anyway to have a look at the bullet connectors in the harness. Sometimes this bike requires some bar-wiggling to get it started. My tanks really been suckin' lately. When I open the lid after a long run I can watch the tank suddenly expand. My side covers are cracked also probably due to the sucking effect exerting more pressure on the covers.