Belly pans

windchill

I am now the proud owner of a shiny black belly pan supplied by Motomecca: stunnigly well made it is too.

However, if I have to remove the sump screws to fix, I need to know what to re-torque them to - anyone know?

Guest Rocker
I am now the proud owner of a shiny black belly pan supplied by Motomecca: stunnigly well made it is too.

However, if I have to remove the sump screws to fix, I need to know what to re-torque them to - anyone know?

93367[/snapback]

Use: 1. Common sense.

2. Check leverage of remainig secure bolts when securing.

3. Don't use huge leverage when tightening.

P.S. Check the smaller "side bolts" on the belly pan after 1000km - if loose replace them with loctite.

P.P.S NEVER loctite sump bolts!

Rockerob.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has fitted one of these: how tight did you find it at the front end of the engine?

Mine wouldn't fit without serious surgery to reduce the overall width at the very front end of the mounting brackets. I needed to "gain" almost 3/16" to get it to slide on far enough for the holes in the pan to mate with those on the brackets.

Also there is a "block" or "blank" on the bottom of the crank case casting at the front on the RHS (viewed from onboard) against which my pan is tight up.

BTW, using my "lightweight" torquewrench and a degree of very elusive synwir cyffredin, I found that the sump screws were allready set to 8Nm: the bottom end of the suggested 8 - 12 Nm range.

Didn't use nut lock on them, I reckoned weld seal would be better given the levels of vibration present (sais gwirion)

• 2 weeks later...

maybe you have a to big picture or all your attachment space is used. You can check this at "my controls" on to of the page.

I just looked, you have uploaded a bunch 900kb pictures, in two threads. Normaly pictures should not be bigger than 100kb, and can be big enough to view. Resize the pictures first before uploading.

Nope, I've got the usual 9.94 megs!! My pics are way smaller!!

NEVER been asked to make anything smaller before : usually the opposite!

Looks lie you is correct sir!!

Whilst the script says that the global limit is 9.94mb, the arror mesage syas the pics are too big, even at 602kb each!!

Last time, I just added and posted!!!

Has my Goldmember subscription lapsed perhaps?

Reduced the size to

used 9.59 of 19+mb!! so should be plenty?

maybe you have a to big picture or all your attachment space is used. You can check this at "my controls" on to of the page.

I just looked, you have uploaded a bunch 900kb pictures, in two threads. Normaly pictures should not be bigger than 100kb, and can be big enough to view. Resize the pictures first before uploading.

Give up!!

Good night chapos!

I just looked at all attachments that are there at the moment: there are 6000. From that 6000 are 17 that are bigger than 200kb. You are correct about the 20mb max on your account, but there is a max of 200kb per post. That has been larger, then from time to time Jaap or me had to download all big pictures, resize them and upload again. Otherwise available webspace would have ended a long time ago. I sugest you resize the pictres to 1024x768max size before uploading. You don't have to buy anything for that, if you have XP, you can download a image resizer tool from the Microsoft site. Other tools like infranview can do that too, that's freeware.

To try I let xp resize your biggest picture, that was 900 kb, now 166kb