melandri and capirossi

g.forrest

I wonder what Ingrid (Capirossi) has to say about that?

93601[/snapback]

i actually wonder also what the two ducati riders have to say about it..

after watching the crash taken from different cameras sources, i can't make up my mind if it's Sete trying a dangerous move or Capirex lighly moving infield and thus touching Sete's front brake lever...

this said, whoever did it, it surely signed the end of Capirex's hope for a world title imho :(

i actually wonder also what the two ducati riders have to say about it..

after watching the crash taken from different cameras sources, i can't make up my mind if it's Sete trying a dangerous move or Capirex lighly moving infield and thus touching Sete's front brake lever...

this said, whoever did it, it surely signed the end of Capirex's hope for a world title imho :(

93604[/snapback]

well after watching it several times from several angles imo its a bad move by sete. and your right it sure ruined capirex's season.

the world has turned upside-down compared to last week

Edwards, Hayden and Rossi are the 4th row on

the grid in tomorrow's race at Donington.

bild24jf.png

93778[/snapback]

Looks like the Suzook is starting to work a little. Now if they can just get the Bridgstone race day rubber to go the distance. So much to get sorted for them, but they must be pretty close. Don't think Hopper would have condemned himself to another 4 years of hell if they weren't very very close to competitive.

Great to see new faces at the front and more manufacturers in the hunt. Should be a barn burner tomorrow. Can't wait for Laguna Seca. I think we're into a golden era in GP racing. I don't want to miss a moment of it ... and I sure don't want to miss the opportunity to see these guys live later this month.

Go Hopper!

:2c:

Looks like the Suzook is starting to work a little.  Now if they can just get the Bridgstone race day rubber to go the distance.  So much to get sorted for them, but they must be pretty close.  Don't think Hopper would have condemned himself to another 4 years of hell if they weren't very very close to competitive.

The Bridgestones has lasted long enough to give Capirossi a victoria

and Nakano a podium this year.

It is Hopkins that does last long enough,

or rather his ambility to ride on worn tyres.

He will soon be 2nd to his team mate who is still learning the tracks,

Vermuelen has ridden on Donington before and suddenly he qualifies

better than Hopeless

Pedrosa's QP time is almost half a second better than the rest,

:notworthy:

if he does make any serious mistakes today he'll be hard to beat

The Bridgestones has lasted long enough to give Capirossi a victoria

and Nakano a podium this year.

It is Hopkins that does last long enough,

or rather his ambility to ride  on worn tyres.

He will soon be 2nd to his team mate who is still learning the tracks,

Vermuelen has ridden on Donington before and suddenly he qualify

better than Hopeless

Pedrosa's QP time is almost half a second better than the rest,

:notworthy:

if he does make any serious mistakes today he'll be hard to beat

93849[/snapback]

It's true the Duc and Kaw seem easier on the tires. But it is the tires - not the ability to ride with worn tires. Suzuki has conceded that they need additional development - both with bike power delivery and tire compound.

Whether V will outrun Hopkins any time soon is pure speculation with little thus far to support such a conclusion. I suspect Hopkins is close to assuming regular podium spots - he clearly has the speed potential to dominate. Until he gets a competitive bike / tire combination under him race after race I understand it remains speculation. But a widely shared speculation within the Moto GP community ... and one that included a huge check from Suzuki amidst and a lot of competition for his services.

Guess we'll know more tomorrow. It IS getting interesting ... and it's been awhile since we've been able to say that about Moto GP.

This is Hopkins 6th season in MotoGP,

he has been around for the whole 4-stroke era

and still hasn't managed a single poduim position!

He is there just because USA is the most important

market for Suzuki. If they wanted success on the

track they would have hired someone like Carlos Checa

who is a very good development driver and a race winner.

:2c: a fantastic ride by pedrosa for a well earned first. a typical fight back by rossi for second place and a valiant effort by melandri with his problems and pain to come in third. just a pity to me not to see stoner on the podium, but at leat he completed the race for a place and not thrown the model away. not so good a display by hayden but he still holds a good lead. the suzukis still going toward rear as the race progresses [a tire issue ] i guess it has to be. with eight to go it only gets more interesting..

This is Hopkins 6th season in MotoGP,

he has been around for the whole 4-stroke era

and still hasn't managed a single poduim position!

He is there just because USA is the most important

market for Suzuki. If they wanted success on the

track they would have hired someone like Carlos Checa

who is a very good development driver and a race winner.

93856[/snapback]

Under normal circumstances, I'll defer to gthyni on matters of racing. But, I simply cannot buy that Hoppers is a political hire on the part of Suzuki. Granted, the kid's never been on the podium, but until recently he was racing with inferior equipment.

Give him one more season, and if he's still disappointing us, I'll hand the point to you.

On a sadder note, I think we glimpsed the future of Moto GP at Donnington. Pedrosa is hideously boring (as a person), but is a tremendously talented rider who may in fact challenge for the crown in his rookie season. As a fan, I'm disappointed. Rossi is such a character -- and Dani is so -- Dani.

Add in the fact that we're not likely to see Max Biaggi ever again, and the tears start to flow from my little, green beady eyes.

If only to combat the boring Spaniard, let us all PRAY that Hopkins ups his game.