North, to Alaska

Greg Field

Billy Bob and me and a few friends are Guzzi-ing north to Hyder, Alaska, from Seattle over an upcoming 4-day weekend.

Have any of you PNW 'muricans or Canadians done this trip and can offer any tips?

Mostly, we want a hard ride and a good drunk in Hyder (getting "Hyderized," as my great friend Bob Nolan would say), followed by a hard ride home.

I've been only as far as Prince George, BC, and that's where I think we'll aim for the first night. I know a guy there who has the most amazing collection of antique American and Brit iron I've ever seen—and that's saying something. He's just a log-skidder but has several million in bikes stashed in the shed.

I know a guy there who has the most amazing collection of antique American and Brit iron I've ever seen—and that's saying something. He's just a log-skidder but has several million in bikes stashed in the shed.

93766[/snapback]

snap some pics of these beauts, don't need to know anything about location or whatsnot just get some good shots of some good bikes, if he lets you. :thumbsup:

I can PM you with some side trips (short or long - depending on the time you have) and a few different routes to take. I can warn you now that if you ride the Fraser Canyon that the Revenue Collecting Motorised Patrol (RCMP) has been working hard in the first hundred miles or so.

Getting Hyderized is still an event but they no longer use the pure everclear. Too many people were ending up at the nursing station - and not to check out the nurse either.

There was a fantastic gun range there where you could shoot almost any weapon at wrecked cars. The 50 calibre browning was a buck a pop but also hard to let go of the trigger. It cost me 60 bucks in a heartbeat!

I'll try and think of some good stops and accomodation on the way.