Pirelli Diablo Corsa's, first impression

droydx

I was a little hesitant to $$ up the money for the Corsa version of Pirelli Diablos...well I'm sorry I waited so long. These tires are a great/fantastic match for the handling of my Rosso Corsa. I'm very happy with the feedback that these tires give along with a lot more supple ride than the stocker Bridgestones that came on my ride. I don't think that longevity will be that big of a factor for me, I'm not a huge touring guy, but I do enjoy 400+ miles per day rides a couple times of the year. Most of my riding is withing 100 miles of my home base in Santa Barbara, CA, and there are quite a few fun roads to enjoy the handling and torque that the Guzzi affords. Maybe Mr. Stewart can chime in, but I think he is getting fairly good mileage on his MG....our bikes are not exactly tire shredders! :helmet:

Highly recommended: Pirelli Diablo Corsa!

:bier:

Guest geno929

HATED UM!!!!! I got rid of my stock Pirelli's ASAP!

Changed to Dunlop 208's at 700 miles. Much, much better!!!

No wiggle at full or partial lean for that matter. Excellent wet grip and fantastic dry grip. Try um.

I tried a Pirelli Diablo Corsa on the front & loved it. Now I'm using the Pirelli Strada's that I got the bogo deal on. I like these tires also, they arent as good as the Corsa's but they will last longer. Imo its a good tradeoff because I think the Strada still has about 80% or so of the performance of the Corsa but with higher mileage. If cost was no issue I'd go with the Corsa every time :2c:

Running the Stradas currently-have 5K on them, and the back is holding up fine...the front is about due, maybe end of season? Plenty of grip for me to be sure. These seem to be a pretty good tire. :2c:

For what it's worth, my new Ballabio came with Metzler Sportec tires on it. The center section of the rear tire was down to 1.6mm after on 2200 miles though a nail finally forced a new purchase.

To get longer life I chose a set of Metzler Roadtec tires which are fitted on Grisos and Breva 1100s. Personally I much prefer the Roadtec tires despite them being a sport touring tire as opposed to the softer compound Sportec which is claimed as being suitable for the track as well as the road. I find theRoadtec tires turn in much more quickly and for me they seem to give a less jittery ride which in turn gives a lot more confidence. Aligned to at least twice the life means I'm delighted with them and would recommend them.

:2c: Riding in the wet with diablos is some of the worst rides one can have , comparing to Michelins Pilot Sport or power and the Metzelers M1(that also have better dry performance according to my experience and tests) their performance in wet is a failure.

Because we use tires in all conditions and wet , safety is not a compromise. and I have to say my input.

The moment I installed diablos I lost the confidence I had on my bike with the previous Pilot Sport and Sportec M1s I had. I am switching back to the Metzelers for a try of their new M3s and the Z6 for new pairs.