Buell footpeg installation......

Guest ckamin

Guest ckamin

I know that there must be a post here somewhere that I can't find.....

Anyway, I just ordered a set of Buell footpegs/pins/springs for my V11- are they a direct drop-in or does anything need a little shaving or machining to fit properly? I know that they look close but that doesn't mean much.... The pins on the Buell "appear" a bit larger in diameter but that would only be a matter of enlarging the holes on the stock female MG footpeg bracket.

Any input? Thanks alot!

Carl

I know that there must be a post here somewhere that I can't find.....

Anyway, I just ordered a set of Buell footpegs/pins/springs for my V11- are they a direct drop-in or does anything need a little shaving or machining to fit properly? I know that they look close but that doesn't mean much.... The pins on the Buell "appear" a bit larger in diameter but that would only be a matter of enlarging the holes on the stock female MG footpeg bracket.

Any input? Thanks alot!

Carl

94303[/snapback]

You can enlarge the holes on the the MG footpeg bracket, but it is not advisable, as you may not like the set-up (a strong possibility), and wish to return to stock. The more flexable option is to make 2 bushings (11mm OD x 6mm ID x 22 mm L) and use the MG pins with the Buell pegs and springs. You will have to remove material from the forward side of the tabs of the Buell pegs until you get a nice sliding fit into the MG bracket. If you get sloppy on the fits you will be disappointed, because the pegs will not feel as solid as the originals. I used bushings made out of tubing that was "close-enough" in size and ended up doing it again with proper sized bushings.

The bigger problem is getting the gear and brake levers positioned properly and I'm still experimenting with that.

KenM