V11 smog standards

kbird

Hi all,

New guy looking for a V11 in Southern California and I would like to know if Moto Guzzi US models have 49 state smog standards and California specific smog standards. The State of California does not allow out of state vehicles to be registered unless it has a California smog certification from the manufacturer. This limts my choices for a V11 as there are not that many in California for sale.

And if anyone knows of a V11 in decent shape in cali for sale please let me know. 2004 is preferred, but I really like the 2000 green ones!

Thanks,

Ken

Hi all,

New guy looking for a V11 in Southern California and I would like to know if Moto Guzzi US models have 49 state smog standards and California specific smog standards. The State of California does not allow out of state vehicles to be registered unless it has a California smog certification from the manufacturer. This limts my choices for a V11 as there are not that many in California for sale.

And if anyone knows of a V11 in decent shape in cali for sale please let me know. 2004 is preferred, but I really like the 2000 green ones!

Thanks,

Ken

94308[/snapback]

I bought my 2003 Rosso Corsa in New Orleans, Louisiana and shipped it back to California. To my knowledge, all the MG's imported by MGNA into the US meet the 50 State compliance. When I went to register the bike at my DMV it was a big deal to have all the stickers and labels in place. Make sure that the V11 you buy still has the label on the swing arm near the rear drive that says: "This vehicle is certified to meet all applicable emission standards as defined by the EPA....." and specifically states that it meets "California Standards". This was my ticket to getting the bike registered in California. The sticker has white lettering on black and is kinda ugly, a lot of people peel it off when they buy the bike. It was so important to me, that I've left it in place. Don't buy an out of state bike without this label!!!! :2c:

BTW, I love this bike!! Good luck in your search, they're out there!

GO ITALIA Copa del Mundo GO :bier:

Andy

There's also a sticker (usually on the steering head) that states the bike meets DOT safety standards, that is required for registration in CA.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting your Guzzi registered.

Congrats :bier: