PC III on european models

pierrot

Hello all,

I recently improved my favorite bike (Stucchi X-over, specific exhaust from SP 1000 model)

and obviously, there is some job to do to tune it well.

When I have a look at the Power Commander website, I just can read : US MODELS ONLY

So is there any guy in Europe who dared to play with fire ?

Is it just a commercial warning or is there a real technical reason ?

I also looked at the french distributor website but as I expected, Moto Guzzi doesn't exist for

them.

Every advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Pierre

:wacko:

I can't imagine that there is any physical reason why a PCIII would be USA only. It must be because they don't have the patents covered internationally/no tune-up centers outside of USA/no retailers outside USA/not qualified techs outside USA etc. etc. etc. Some international copyright laws may get in the way as well. Just think of who owns the Norton name and in what country and you can get an idea of just how confused things can get.

Guest toutizes

You can download maps for the europen guzzi models from the pCIII web site, so it clearly works with the Euro bikes. From what I understand the PCIII maps are "deltas" to the fule injection applied on top of what the ECU is computing. The euro bikes may come with a different map in the ECU than the US bikes (different regulations?) so you may be better off with a map developped for the Euro models.

Here is the link: http://www.powercommander.com/706-211.shtml

1 possibility is the pollution hardware on US models. The Guzzis we get in Canada are the same EPA approved ones as in the USA, including California.

The FIRST thing to do is to remove this crap if it's on the bike. My dealer did it during PDI without me even requesting it. I also suspect I haven't heard of a any vapor lock problems on Canadian Guzzis because of this also.

The PC111 which was on sale for a while and was for the Quota, works fine in my Sport.

Guest guzziharry

Hi Pierre,

there is no problem to use a powercommander on European models. As already told there are different maps to choose, the hardware is the same. It also doesn't matter that in the list there is only mentioned for V11 Mod. 2000-2001, it also works on 2002. If you can't find a French dealer, maybe you can order it in Germany. Here is the link: http://www.micronsystems.de

Harald

Thank you all for your quick answers. It seems there is no real problem but I just needed to

be sure as I'm not used to let 3 or 400 euros (= $) going by the drain.

I work in automotive industry and I know we can find in ECU some lethal traps for mere

mechanics ; for exemple, I remember a "spark plug disassembly counter" on a VW engine

that forbade engine start after about 10 spark plug disassemblies.

Fortunately, bikes are not so sophisticated (for the moment ?).

Best Regards.

Pierre