blinker lens

Guest Eric123

Guest Eric123

Does any one know where I can get a right front blinker lens for my 02 LeMans?

Edited by Eric123

There's a couple of options- the online guzzi suppliers like MGCycle, MPHCycle, and probably several others or, I seem to recall that Buell uses the same lenses (but maybe smoked, so you'd need to buy two?)

There's a couple of options- the online guzzi suppliers like MGCycle, MPHCycle, and probably several others or, I seem to recall that Buell uses the same lenses (but maybe smoked, so you'd need to buy two?)

94611[/snapback]

Here are the Buell lenses that I used on my Quota:

http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/quota.h...al_replacements

Guest Eric123
Here are the Buell lenses that I used on my Quota:

http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/quota.h...al_replacements

94612[/snapback]

Cool, mgcycle has just the lenses and they run about $8.50 for each---you wouldn't happen to be able to recomend some mirrors too. The bike was dropped before I got it and now the left one just flaps in the breeze like a windsock.

Hi Eric,

I don't know of a replacement mirror source...but then again, I've got a Quota and not a v11 derivation. Mirrors are mirrors, but the styling is pretty different on the Q. I've seen a lot of variability in HD pricing for the Buell parts...anywhere from 5 - 8 USD. Only 3 bucks difference, but 60% higher one place than another. Not enough for me to fret about when it comes to a complete turn signal :>

You might want to stop by your local HD dealer and see if the Buell's have mirrors that you like and if the pricing is good. Personally, I can't believe the turn signals are as cheap as they are.

Best of luck!

Buell has the same mirror too. This spring I went to the local HD shop where I bought 2 turn signals and 2 mirrors for under $50. They have the standard mirror as well as a 2 inch longer version. Do a thread search for 'Buell Mirror' for the part numbers.

Guest Eric123
Buell has the same mirror too. This spring I went to the local HD shop where I bought 2 turn signals and 2 mirrors for under $50. They have the standard mirror as well as a 2 inch longer version. Do a thread search for 'Buell Mirror' for the part numbers.

94704[/snapback]

Do both of the parts just bolt right on? I don't want to have to worry about fabricating anything if they don't fit.

Eric,

The buell mirrors will bolt right on but they are a bit longer (stick out farther) you can also get the original ones from Dennis Kirk, I believe they list them as fitting a Kawasaki but I bought a pair and they were identical to my Lemans mirrors, also good if you only need to buy one. If you can't find them in the catalog I can get the oart number, I hang on to all that stuff!

The buell diectional lens will also bolt on, and I learned just this weekend that you can get a clear outer lens and clear tailight lens which will work and looks mighty cool.

waspp

Hi Eric,

Here's the poop on the Buell mirrors:

Buell part numbers for extended mirrors to fit LeMans=

N0161-2A8 (left side)

N0162-2A8 (right side)

About $20 each.

Buell part number for standard LeMans mirrors=

N0161-02A8 (left side)

N0162-02A8 (right side)

About $25 each.

Note the extra zero in the part number for the standard LeMans mirrors. If you aren't very specific with the part numbers you may get the wrong mirror. I got the extended ones because I didn't like looking at my elbows with the stockers.

Guest Eric123

Wow, you guys are great. I thought ugh, Buell parts on my LeMans?? But as long as they are Italian (OEM)--I am right there. Probably go for the extended ones, hopefully they don't vibrate as much.

Take a look at the whole turn signal assembly. The stalk is much more flexible which can sometimes be a good thing. They mount a little bit differently. Instead of using the screw and nut the stalk has a 5/16-24 thread extension. This (with the wires coaxial) goes through the hole in the fairing and you put a nut on the back.

Guest Eric123

I just went and ordered a set from the Buell dealer here in NoVA--and the extended mirrors for the LeMans, are actually about $5.00 dollars cheaper that the standard ones!! Funny side note, I told the parts guy that they were actually for the LeMans. He looked at me confused and said, "well, that's is a much better bike anyways" :P I also ordered the blinkers too--total + tax= $68.00

Guest Eric123
Hi Eric,

Here's the poop on the Buell mirrors:

Buell part numbers for extended mirrors to fit LeMans=

N0161-2A8 (left side)

N0162-2A8 (right side)

About $20 each.

Buell part number for standard LeMans mirrors=

N0161-02A8 (left side)

N0162-02A8 (right side)

About $25 each.

Note the extra zero in the part number for the standard LeMans mirrors.  If you aren't very specific with the part numbers you may get the wrong mirror.  I got the extended ones because I didn't like looking at my elbows with the stockers.

94737[/snapback]

Just went and got a pair--the parts guy was confused about the zero too.

It's true. The Harley Davidson people are not very fond of the Buell stepchild. It's amazing when you look at the resale values listed in the American Motorcyclist the desparity. All the harleys hold their value quite well while the Buell drops like a bullet. There's got to be a reason for this.