Do you own more than one bike right now ?

Jock Guzzi

As has been reported in the past, everything is relative.

I have an old Air Force buddy with no less than 17 old Brit bikes, some of which he races in the Vintage class. He is not in the least disturbed. :cheese:

Here I sit with only 2 Guzzi's and I'm probably certifiably deranged. :huh2:

Ciao :ninja:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently aquired the same dis-order.

But in the same note that misery loves company, so do addictions. With two bikes one is more prepared to corrupt the naive, the buddy bike the perfect ploy draw the unprepared into your circle of corruption, thereby negating your own sins

Think of it this way - you are on the hump. The second bike is always the hardest to justify, and can bring a sensation of guilt. Once you have accepted that you are a multiple bike owner, numbers 3,4,5 and 6 come MUCH easier, and faster.

Enjoy your disorder, I quite like mine :)

Rj

Here is my kid on my second bike - the Honda RC51 -

fo51.JPG

I love having the two bikes. You get a better appreciation for the Guzz when you have a nice second bike because there is nothing like the Guzz. I like the Honda just fine, but my life would not be complete with out the V11. It is more raw and visceral. I seem to have more fun on it, and, by gosh, I think the Sport is a bit faster up to about 100 mph. But, the point is that I like it all the better since I've had the second bike.

Edit: Oh, some might wonder how in the world the Honda wouldn't blow the Guzzi away at slower speeds - well, the RC51 has VERY tall gearing. Some people have problems with stalling out in first gear. It is made for the track. It is designed to get up over 130 mph and stay there for a couple hours. So, the pick up is not as intense as your typical Jap 4, but the high end rush is QUITE impressive!!

Oh, some might wonder how in the world the Honda wouldn't blow the Guzzi away at slower speeds - well, the RC51 has VERY tall gearing. Some people have problems with stalling out in first gear. It is made for the track. It is designed to get up over 130 mph and stay there for a couple hours. So, the pick up is not as intense as your typical Jap 4, but the high end rush is QUITE impressive!!

Have you considered changing sprockets to gear it down? It seems like it would be a lot more fun on the street that way.

Guest golden goose

Often, it is a case of garage space. Those that have more than one often consider more than one some sort of investment. Whether it be fiscal, or purely survival of the species. More often the latter. They have survived their first foray into the edges of performance and lived to savor it. The second bike is, dare I say it? Its sort of like after you divorce and have a few, more intense relationships, now that you've been through some serious organic waste product. And you now value dimensionality, in both bikes and members of the opposite sex.

This really does apply to all manner of fences that may persist.

But the second bike adds useful perspective. Since you have survived this far, this is what more experience brings. Off-road. Power. Slinky looking trollip. Comitted piece of iron, make that alloy. Bucks.

Refined. More perspective, if not daily then weekly. You got 2 thangs to ride.......

Pretty soon, you got sumthin else on the side. In for a penny, in for a pound. That 3rd bike...........

A heartbreaker! Tha'd be right! The perfect spoiler. The looks are there, sortof, but does this thing handle........

K. 3 bikes. That would be 3-dimensional. Right?

OK. So. It goes up from there.

And that brings us back to garage space...............this is about......management. That's what this is about

Garage space? Space constraints? Limitations? :bbblll: You guys gotta get your priorities straight!!

Bikes in garage - 0. When I got my '58 Yellow Jacket wooden speedboat, it took up all my garage space. No more room for bikes. The Ducati went in the living room. The tenant in the back room got evicted. Ta-da! New bike shop space. But not enough to store the bikes and work on them. Next - sell all furniture in the spare bedroom (Nobody visits anyway and if they do - inflate-a bed). Now have room for 2-3 more bikes - just need to find them. :)

Life is all about priorities! :thumbsup:

Rj

Guest Squad44

Got 3. Nero Corsa, R1200GS and GL1800.

All different. All enjoyable. If I only had more room........

<_ my dad is moving house soon and rather than taking his honda vf750sc a one of the original v4 with chocolate cam shafts he sending it way. only done miles which i must have put them on when borrowed in need wheels. used to turn up brought you present- motorcycle battery can borrow was last started>

vf750sc_spread.jpg

It will be joining my FJ1200, I've now moved it back in to the garage, Had to take the rear brake caliper off and deploy the rubber mallet to free and remove the seized rear brake pads.

FJ1200-86.gif

not mine but close, I've got blue air scoops that and the paint splashes within the speedo cause me to doubt it's provenance <_>

I've decided that I need a "contingincy plan" for those guzzi character moments. I failed to start this years National rally due to the charge light. And I'm currently revisiting this. Despite this she still passed her MOT test today. So Shes three years old fully taxed, insured and road worthy but I can use her :(

So I've several motorcycle projects to get my teeth into ( don't forget my mobylette for my son whose 16 next year) and none 100% currently

I've coralled my bike selection down to 5, although I've recently been given the news that I've been willed a bike. Space is the only limiting factor really. If there was a machine out there that I wanted and could budget, I'd have it. Budget has limited at least two machines from being in my garage, at least until the early baby-boomers start dieing, and the price comes down to a more managable level.

In case you are wondering, those two machines would be an MV Agusta America, and of course a JAP powered Brough Superior, probably the two most sought after machines on the planet today.

Ciao, Steve G.

:thing: a man thing. yah just want a sophisticated lady and a slut.. :grin:

Two sluts, surely?

.............and six bikes, of course.

I'm going to look at an old Honda CBX1000 this afternoon. There is no cure. All you can do is feed your habit.

Martin, you seem to have had a lot to do with old Jap stuff: what can you tell me about CBXs, except don't do it?

Guest Macio

At the moment I own just the Centauro, but in the past I used to have more than one Guzzi.

In my opinion 3 is the perfect number... B)

- V7 California 850 (the first love)

- Quota 1100ES (the wife)

- V10 Centauro (the lover)

072044bf31d517de4.jpg

072044bf33dfa9a9d.jpg