weighted bar ends

Guest Eric123

Guest Eric123

I want to get a new set of heavier bar end for my LeMans, how good do they work at dampening the vibration and who sells them? Harper's has a set for the V11 sport in brushed aluminum, but I don't know if they are weighted. :huh2:

Guest ratchethack

I want to get a new set of heavier bar end for my LeMans, how good do they work at dampening the vibration and who sells them? Harper's has a set for the V11 sport in brushed aluminum, but I don't know if they are weighted. :huh2:

Eric, may I highly recommend Throttlemeister 14-oz. These are the heavier ones. I've never as much as thought about bar vibration with these on the Guzzi, and I've been moderately sensitive to irritation on big twins without 'em.

See comparo between T'meister heavy and the 12-oz'ers here:

http://www.throttlemeister.com/HeavyStand.html

I went direct to throttlemeister and got the heavy & black model. Looks sharp and definitely reduced vibration. Install took all of 20 minutes playing with spacers to get the "cruise control" tension in the right range.

Look at Manic Salamander bar end weights as well, they run about $70. I can't feel any bar vibration on my '03 Le Mans with them.

what he said I can't recommend them enough. installation takes longer to get your current bar ends out. They are solid SS, or powder coated steel depending on what you want. they look great and must be the perfect weight I feel more in the pegs than the bars. throttlemeiser is good too but I'm not as big a fan solely on looks.

Guest Eric123

what he said I can't recommend them enough. installation takes longer to get your current bar ends out. They are solid SS, or powder coated steel depending on what you want. they look great and must be the perfect weight I feel more in the pegs than the bars. throttlemeiser is good too but I'm not as big a fan solely on looks.

So is it an easy process to get the bar ends off?

Tip the bike hard over and fill the clip-on with #7 lead bird shot.

I'm sure you've heard of a "dead-blow" hammer.

This works wonders, and is cheap, to boot! :luigi:

We used to fill the whole handle-bar on old Nortons and Triumphs to prevent perma-numb hands on long road trips!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JimFitz

Look at Manic Salamander bar end weights as well, they run about $70. I can't feel any bar vibration on my '03 Le Mans with them.

I have the Manic Salamander bar ends on my 04 V11 Ballabio. I had the guy there mill the ends to receive the CRG bar-end mirrors. This is a great set up. Visibility in the mirrors is excellent due to the greatly reduced vibration and the look of the bike is also much improved. I've been very happy with this arrangement and have easily logged 400 mile days.