Kudo's to Valley Yamaha (Chilliwack BC)

Reboot

I just want to pass on my gratitude to Valley Yamaha who spent countless hours on the phone with Moto Guzzi USA when my 03' EV California suffered a catastrophic clutch failure 18,000k into my trans-Canada ride last year. Gord fought the good fight and had the clutch repair fully covered my warranty (even though the bike was past its warranty period).

I have just returned from Rigaud Quebec where I was forced to leave the bike last year. The bike is running well, but I will be dropping into Valley Yamaha on Wednesday for new rear rubber and a once over by the other Gord (#1 mechanic :P ).

If you ever have the misfortune of breaking down in our neighbourhood, I have no doubt you would do well to drop in and see the two Gord's at Valley!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shane Merriman

I just want to pass on my gratitude to Valley Yamaha who spent countless hours on the phone with Moto Guzzi USA when my 03' EV California suffered a catastrophic clutch failure 18,000k into my trans-Canada ride last year. Gord fought the good fight and had the clutch repair fully covered my warranty (even though the bike was past its warranty period).

I have just returned from Rigaud Quebec where I was forced to leave the bike last year. The bike is running well, but I will be dropping into Valley Yamaha on Wednesday for new rear rubber and a once over by the other Gord (#1 mechanic :P ).

If you ever have the misfortune of breaking down in our neighbourhood, I have no doubt you would do well to drop in and see the two Gord's at Valley!

After your experience, it just makes you wonder more why Canadian Scooter Corp. decided they weren't good enough to be a Moto Guzzi dealer. Go figure!

Shane

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes the suits just dont get it right! :bbblll:

and the deletion of the very good guys at Valley is a perfect example.

there is however one way to ensure that the folks who put their businesses, financial future,reputation, time, effort and passion on the line by going out of their way to be of good service to us very few Guzzista out here in western Canada.

SUPPORT THEM !.......it's easy really, buy stuff, parts, gear, services etc. from them and they will find a way to stay in business to serve and support us and to give us a friendly and viable service alternative to the "other" guys !

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Sometimes the suits just dont get it right! :bbblll:

and the deletion of the very good guys at Valley is a perfect example.

there is however one way to ensure that the folks who put their businesses, financial future,reputation, time, effort and passion on the line by going out of their way to be of good service to us very few Guzzista out here in western Canada.

SUPPORT THEM !.......it's easy really, buy stuff, parts, gear, services etc. from them and they will find a way to stay in business to serve and support us and to give us a friendly and viable service alternative to the "other" guys !

:bier:

Cheers

Van

My sentiments exactly. Although if I feel the need to buy a new bike I'll go to Seattle!!

What pisses me off is I met the vice president at the bike show and when he asked me what bikes I had and I came to the MGS he said "Ah yes we have a few of them racing here in Canada". I said I think I have the only one he looked at me like I was an idiot and said we can have as many as we want. I realise now that we are dealing with idiots who see only what they want to see and not reality. If they only knew that I would spend as much money as I do they would think twice about their customers.

My sentiments exactly. Although if I feel the need to buy a new bike I'll go to Seattle!!

What pisses me off is I met the vice president at the bike show and when he asked me what bikes I had and I came to the MGS he said "Ah yes we have a few of them racing here in Canada". I said I think I have the only one he looked at me like I was an idiot and said we can have as many as we want. I realise now that we are dealing with idiots who see only what they want to see and not reality. If they only knew that I would spend as much money as I do they would think twice about their customers.

Hey Jim what's the deal with our local dealer, are they going to carry the new models from MG or what? I was at the shop today to pick up the angle drive for my speedo and I didn't see any Guzzis on the floor. British Italian has a new Grisso. Gordon was too busy with costumers and I didn't want to hold him up with my questions.

By the way Jim I found an issue of Canadian Biker magazine at work the other day with an article of a certain person you may know :whistle: that let a guy ride an exotic rare machine with zero miles on it at the race track! :o Great article, I have to see that machine up close one of these days, hint, hint....

Hey Jim what's the deal with our local dealer, are they going to carry the new models from MG or what? I was at the shop today to pick up the angle drive for my speedo and I didn't see any Guzzis on the floor. British Italian has a new Grisso. Gordon was too busy with costumers and I didn't want to hold him up with my questions.

By the way Jim I found an issue of Canadian Biker magazine at work the other day with an article of a certain person you may know :whistle: that let a guy ride an exotic rare machine with zero miles on it at the race track! :o Great article, I have to see that machine up close one of these days, hint, hint....

Basically, Canadian Scooter Corp., the new Canadian distributorship for Canada, [taking over from Moto Guzzi U.S.A. for Canada] has made the decision to have just one dealer in Greater Vancouver. The reason or reasons why, open up alot of speculation. While we as consumers/enthusiasts may never know for sure, the fact is each of the two dealers in the area had their own core group of customers, for differing reasons. And now one of those core group of customers has been left in the lurch if they want to buy a new bike. I'm pretty sure this core of potential customers will never buy anything from the remaining dealer. I understand why, and I kind of agree.

The thing I can't figure out is that Canadian Scooter Corporation is going to lose sales of new bikes, bikes that will be sourced from the two closest dealers in the U.S.A., namely Moto International, and Beaudry Motorsports, from the wholesale network of Moto Guzzi U.S.A. The suits that run Can-Scoot-Corp must truly be as dumb as a sack of hammers. They have no idea about the motorcycle industry. Their retail prices at our remaining dealer are so bizzare that I'm sure they must be worried. Do they not realize that with our dollar now at .90$, and with new 'open borders' with regard to new and near new bikes, that for we Canadians, the U.S.A. is now officially 'ON SALE'!

Ciao, Steve G.

What is the procedure for buying a bike from the US and importing it? I have read through the info from Canada customs regarding importing vehicles but they make it sound complicated, I know it probably isn't too bad if someone who has done it can give an outline. Anyone familiar with this? Can you give me an overview of the steps required?

What is the procedure for buying a bike from the US and importing it? I have read through the info from Canada customs regarding importing vehicles but they make it sound complicated, I know it probably isn't too bad if someone who has done it can give an outline. Anyone familiar with this? Can you give me an overview of the steps required?

For what I have checked into it is not that complicated. PM me if you want some advice.

I don't have a hate on for the one dealer left but I have a hate on that the other dealer is no more. I have spoken to the one vice-president and recieved most excellent lip service but I don't do politics. I believe in time will heal and I am sending emails to the same effect. I believe in choice and my choice is easy. Bring me bikes to the good dealers or I'll buy my own from another country. I do know the rules and we can buy a Guzzi in the USA and bring it home no problem but it sure hurts the new importers. If they only knew why ....!

If you knew how easy it is Zoltan, you would say to yourself, "the USA is on sale!" I bought a bike 3 wks ago from Portland. Landed in my garage, I saved at least %40 by doing this. My buddy has just ordered a new ST3 Ducati from Skagit Powersports, and is saving $6000cdn, landed in his driveway legal.

Of all the steps that have to be taken, the biggest of all is going to the Registrar of Motor vehicle 'allowd' list, to see if the bike you are interested in is ok to enter Canada. This will elininate any question of bike entry. While most all of the big 7 [Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Harley, Ducati, BMW] are on this inclusion list, Moto Guzzi's list of inclusion, as well as Aprilia's, warrants some close study. There are some specific models, in specific years that are not included. No reason is given. So, avaiod an expensive mistake, and don't go and buy a machine that's not on the list, as you will have to take it back, or they will destroy it for you.

To the question of how easy is it, well, 1 1/2 wks after I transported it across the border, I'm riding around on my new bike. Very easy!

Ciao, Steve G.

To the question of how easy is it, well, 1 1/2 wks after I transported it across the border, I'm riding around on my new bike. Very easy!

Ciao, Steve G.

Ditto for me. I bought my '03 Lemans from Detroit Eurocycles in April and had no problems or issues

importing it into Canada. If the model is on the "good list", meaning that it was sold in Canada when

new, you will not have any problems. If it was never sold in Canada when new (i.e. pre-2006 Tuono

or late-model MV Augusta), you will not be able to import it, but any model more than 15 years old can

be imported.

Ken

Ditto for me. I bought my '03 Lemans from Detroit Eurocycles in April and had no problems or issues

importing it into Canada. If the model is on the "good list", meaning that it was sold in Canada when

new, you will not have any problems. If it was never sold in Canada when new (i.e. pre-2006 Tuono

or late-model MV Augusta), you will not be able to import it, but any model more than 15 years old can

be imported.

Ken

You are correct Ken.

I must tell you a quick one about MV Agusta. My buddy went to the Seattle Cycle World Show 1 1/2 yrs ago, and plain fell in love with the MV Brutale, on display by the local dealer in the North West, Beaudry MotorSports, in Coer-D-Lane, Idaho [sorry for the spelling] . He was[as were around 20 others] able to bring in differing MV models under the Cagiva umbrella, as in his case, Husqvarna Brutale!!. Soon after this, the door was sumarily closed for MV under any umbrella. Which goes to show you how silly this R.I.V. inclusion list is. These machines have to pass very stringent tests for European worthiness.

Ciao, Steve G.

This opens up all kinds of opportunities! Now, I just have to convince my wife that I need to own more than just one bike. :grin: That, my friends is going to be the real challenge!!! :(

You will have more success begging for forgiveness than asking for permission. If not forgiven, you'll still have the bike. :thumbsup:

Rj