V11 production figures

guido

Mine will be the most sort of of all. You buggers keep changing bits on yours were mine is bog standard although I'll give you it's not quite mint :D

The term you're looking for is ' patina', Martin.

Mine will be the most sort of of all. You buggers keep changing bits on yours were mine is bog standard although I'll give you it's not quite mint :D

Of course, the key to modification is to personalise a machine to your own tastes, keeping in mind that making it easy to return to stock is the smartest way. Not many people want somebody elses personal accent on what a machine should be. If selling a machine becomes an option, it will always become more attractive and worth more money if bone stock.

As to the question of a V11 series machine being 'collectible', this is for the crystal ball, but history being a map for the future, the V11 based machines will always be a 2 to 3 star catagory, depending on the trim options it has. 4 star is relegated to such machines as Vincent, Brough, MV, BSA DBD34, etc.......... Not many go there, and no V11 will go there. Modern machinery, well a perfect example is the RC30 [VFR750R] . It is there, BIG time. You guys know where I'm coming from. It's like the stock market, the market rules, and it's that simple!

Ciao, Steve G.

I'm afraid they won't even reach the status of an early 180° Laverda.

The point is IMHO that all V7 onward Guzzis are somehow timeless. If I park my 750S between other bikes, the same if solo, no one besides the real connaisseur will have a look at it. And then, what would he see?

People often don't recognise the real class something has.

Hubert

• 2 months later...
Guest Gary Cheek

KR green, KR black, KR silver (noble bling), and then probably the LeMans Rosso Corsa.

The rest is nice, too. At least it would make small meetings if only the Classics should come.

Hubert :P

Agreed here. Having owned the great handling, spirited 2001 V11 and a Scura. I prefer the simple, plain short WB, skinny tire, small rake, fine steering V11. While scarcity may appeal to collectors. Classic status is a different matter all together.

• 1 month later...