Hello fellow Guzzi aficionados

Reboot

Thought I would introduce myself, as I have been an avid motorcyclist for forty years, starting with early Norton's through the gambit of bikes (either sports or touring, never owned a cruiser). I retired three years ago @ 51 and have never looked back :grin:

I currently have a 03' EV California (that I just rode from the Atlantic to the Pacific return through Canada), and a 94' Ducati 900SS. I am seriously thinking of trading the Duc in on a 2000 V11 Sport I found at my local dealer. I truely loved the Guzzi ride across the country and this V11 Sport has been worked over (it was my Guzzi mechanics ride. It is tricked out with high compression pistons, over sized valves and custom exhaust and produces 100+HP. Would really appreciate some insight from you long time V11 Sports owners on the change from the Duc (another great mountain ride) and the V11 Sport :huh2:

My handle is Reboot as I was in the computer field for many years and that kinda was usually the 1st thing I ever said to anyone I met :homer:

Regards to all,

Bill

PS. Great site!!!

Hi Reboot...welcome.

This IS an awesome site.

Know whats funny? I just loaded my mint 94 900ss

on the back of the new owners truck....boo hooo...~sniff~

for a measely 3K$...but I didn't ride it anymore..

even on mornings when I said "I'm takin the Duc today!"

Go out..open the garage door...there it is...right next to the.... LeMans...and

the good lil' Duc gets left sobbing in the corner again....awww... :mg:

Insight....The Duc was just too aggresive. Powerband wise and handling wise.

The Guzzi has a great feel of being on rails...carving those graceful 80mph

turns under power...or stelthily sliding thru a small town 20mph over the limit @ 3Krpm..

the freight train excelleration...

The Duc is probably the best bike ever built but the Guzzi ...I just friggin' love it.

The size the pull the handling the sound...makes me grin constantly.

Welcome, Reboot.

An alarming number of hooligans on this site seem to be retired!

Your V11 sounds magnificent.

Any V11 is better than almost any other bike [my S3 excepted] if you're looking for soul, the "big grin" factor and don't mind the thing embarrassing you every now and again. Performance figures don't matter, do they? I still get many of my thrills from a 1955 Norton!

Thanks for your thoughts, I really enjoy the "must be on your toes" feel of the Ducati, it thrills you while scaring the begeesers out of you at the same time :P. I must agree I always feel in control on the V11, it does not demand you be on your game every time you release the clutch. My son will shoot me for taking the Duc out of the stable, but on Tuesday I will work on getting the trade done :bier: