buell turn signals

gallo_se

I changed the lenses of the turning signals to my V11, with those of the Buell firebolt, the lenses have exactly the same shape of the Moto Guzzi ones, really they have to be the same make. The effect is great!

I changed the lenses of the turning signals to my V11, with those of the Buell firebolt, the lenses have exactly the same shape of the Moto Guzzi ones, really they have to be the same make. The effect is great!

Yes, a very popular option. Nicely done. :drink:

How are they different?

:nopic:

How are they different?

:nopic:

You can see a smoked Buell lense on the tail of my Rosso Corsa in my sig. Click the thumbnail to see a "larger" view. :grin:

I just got a pair of Buell lights for the front of my '00 V11 Sport. (Buell P/N YO527.K and YO526.K). They have the smoked lenses and a rubber stalk that will flex a little but otherwise look virtually identical to the original lights. (about $28.00 from H-D for the pair)

Attaching them to the bike will take a liitle work though. Trouble is, these Buell lights have a threaded stem protruding from the base of the light that must pass through the signal extender on the bike. The hole in the signal extender (through which the OEM wires pass) must be drilled larger to fit the new lights. Not a big deal really but then after getting the stem to fit you've also got to find something of a skinny nut that will fit inside the signal extender to fasten the light. (The base of the Buell light is a little smaller than the originals so there is no way to use the stock mounting screw).

There is also a small locating pin on the base of the Buell light that must be trimmed off (it is plastic) or as I plan to do, make a couple of "adapter" plates to fit the pin and simulate the full size base of the original light.

I have seen some other Buell light signal part numbers refered to and wonder if they would be more of an exact fit?

Doing the job will take less time than I spent writing this post.

Doing the job will take less time than I spent writing this post.

Actually, it will! As noted by gallo_se, just install the "innards" of the Buell turn signals (reflector/socket/bulb,

inner lens, outer lens) in the Guzzi turn signal housings. The Guzzi wires plug right on to the Buell socket

base. The whole job takes about 15 or 20 minutes and "presto"........instant smoke turn signals. Be careful

extracting and inserting the reflectors as it's easy to break something. This is what I did on my '03 LeMans,

and it looks fine.

Ken

I recently replaced my orange lenses with the Buell smoked ones aswell, but I had to get some orange plastic covers to slide over the bulbs as I cant find 10w bulbs in orange... end result is they look a bit redish when flashing.

I would have prefered to swap the hole inners but you cant buy just that, its either the lense or compleat indercator.

I recently replaced my orange lenses with the Buell smoked ones aswell, but I had to get some orange plastic covers to slide over the bulbs as I cant find 10w bulbs in orange... end result is they look a bit redish when flashing.

I would have prefered to swap the hole inners but you cant buy just that, its either the lense or compleat indercator.

In my case, I had already bought the complete Buell turn signals, so I had all the parts. They don't use amber bulbs. They use clear bulbs, amber inner lens, and a smoke outer lens. In order to hold the inner lens, the reflectors are actually different than the Guzzi ones; but the complete assembly will fit in the Guzzi stalks. The Buell parts say "Made in Italy" on the box, so they're obviously manufactured by the same company.

Ken