The Griso

thgil

Well finally got the griso.The bike is stunning it handals like a dream,and fits me fine.But the toys almost came flying out of the pram!Only 20 miles into the ride home the oil light comes on.I did flip for a moment then calmly phoned the dealer to explain the problem only to be told by the mechanic that" it had done this on the PDI and its full of oil and the pressure is fine,i'll order you a new one and fit it on its first service,thats guzzis for you".So apart from that little niggle i shall stay in touch and pass on my progress with the bike.One more thing i had to fit a mistral race can it just looks so good!

I just had my first Griso encounter today....absolutely beautiful! What a awesome bike. I was at a Guzzi BMW shop and most of the attention was around that one black Griso he had on the floor. I really think that bike is home run for Guzzi. Kudos on that most excellent decision!

waspp

I just had my first Griso encounter today....absolutely beautiful! What a awesome bike. I was at a Guzzi BMW shop and most of the attention was around that one black Griso he had on the floor. I really think that bike is home run for Guzzi. Kudos on that most excellent decision!

waspp

One more thing, I would like a rear hugger does anyone know if you can get one and where from?

I'll tell you if you show us some pics. :grin:

I have posted a few pics but they dont seem to come out on the v11 site being computer iliterate i'm not sure if i have it right so just in case how do i get a photo on here?

here it is

I see nothing. you can use Photobucket just upload the files you have onto thier free site and it gives you the tags you need to put them on here, just copy and paste,

photobucket.com

pretty easy, otherwise if you are trying to attach something it could be the wrong file type .ART and .BMP are bad, VERY very bad .gif and .jpeg are good.

While I haven't bothered looking at how it works the oil light system works it is obviously different on the Griso, (And I'd guess the Breva and Norge.) to the earlier models. When you turn on the ignition the whole instrument console lights up like a gay mardi-gras after it's told you what you're riding, :homer: . The tach needle sweeps around and then everything except the sidestand warning light and the neutral light goes out.

I can only suppose that the oil light should ONLY come on if there is a sudden loss of pressure? Given that your bike hasn't made the 'Dogga-Dogga' noise it obviously has pressure, what a pain though! Incidentally the instrument console, if the problem is in there, retails for something ridiculous like $1146.00AU, (I looked it up on the parts site last night as someone over at the Griso.com site was having a prolem with his.) You wouldn't want to break it!

Another think worth getting done at the first service is get the fuel pipe in the tank replaced. There have been two instances now of people having the fuel pipe come off between the pump and filter. It's the same problem as has occured on some Cali's, the hose is clamped with inferior crip fittings that apparently move on the sheath on the hose. I'll be pulling mine off next service, (before the weather warms up!) and replacing the hoses and the clamps with *proper* EFI fuel hose and some decent hose clamps. While I haven't had the bottom off the tank yet I'm told it isn't a big job so it's better than risking it and ending up stuck out in the back of beyond with no fuel getting to the injectors!

I've not had a ingle problem with my Griso! It runs like a top, I've never even had to plug the Axone into it, it just does everything perfectly :huh2:

Pete

I see nothing. you can use Photobucket just upload the files you have onto thier free site and it gives you the tags you need to put them on here, just copy and paste,

photobucket.com

pretty easy, otherwise if you are trying to attach something it could be the wrong file type .ART and .BMP are bad, VERY very bad .gif and .jpeg are good.

Finally got the photo to work :) So here's hoping you can help now...

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Ok the story so far.The oil warning light is now constantly on and i've seemed to have developed an oil leak on the right hand side a few inches before the back wheel.Miles so far 217.

Ok the story so far.The oil warning light is now constantly on and i've seemed to have developed an oil leak on the right hand side a few inches before the back wheel.Miles so far 217.

wow, and to think I really want the 850 griso. :huh2:

although harley how has thier bikes with the 6speed and 96CUI now!! glad I didn't pull the trigger early because the price didn't go up and the big bore kit to get the old bikes to 96 is $2000 :angry:

but maybe if I wait to get a motorcycle on my deathbed they'll have all the niggles sorted out by then right?

Sounds like you've got a dud! I'd take it back and complain bitterly to whoever you got it from. I personally would never of sent out a bike with a known oil light problem even if it did have pressure! What sort of confidence is that going to inspire in a new owner?

When you say it' eveloped a leak a few inches before the back wheel where exactly? On the CARC joint with the swingarm? If so it may be that the seal on the output shaft of the gearbox has had it or the rubber boot on the front of the CARC unit has ripped or come loose, (At least they're the most obvious suspects.) If it's coming from the back of the gearbox somewhere I'd double check the oil level in the box. It seems some dealers think that the filler hole is also a level plug, it isn't! The gearbox takes 500ml of oil and with this amount in the level with the bike upright is a little below the hole. If the box has been filled up to the level of the hole, especially if this was done with the bike on the sidestand it is grossly over filled and will be asking for leaks and clucth oiling problems.

Pete