"The CLAW"

Greg Field

That would be my right hand . . . from holding open Billy Bob's throttle for 1,688 miles in four days. Gotta make some sort of throttle lock.

BC was great. Billy Bob and all the bikes ran great. Didn't make Hyder, Alaska, though, for reasons I'll explain more in the next few days. Awesome trip nonetheless.

For a minute I thought you meant this little Seattle graffitti gem:

claw.jpg

I've done a marathon ride like that too (2000 miles in four days) with badly balanced throttle bodies and an exhaust valve way out of adjustment . I couldn't join my left pinky finger with the other three for almost a week :wacko:

"Not 'the Craw', The CRAW!"

- the Claw, to Maxwell Smart

Hey, Greg has a new nickname! Instead of 'that author guy", he's now... THE CRAW!

:grin:

Glad it went ok for you. It started raining (hard) in Prince George in the wee hours of late Friday/early Saturday, and rained pretty steadily the rest of the day. Sunday wasn't great either. I was wondering if you had come through without a thorough drenching. I guess being from Seattle would indicate a certain resiliance in the face of inclement weather.

We made it to Vaderhoof Friday night, after a 634-mile day. Great roads, especially 12 between Lytton and Liloet.

Awoke to the rain Rustybucket alluded to. That's when I discovered that of the five people in my group, I was the only one with rain gear. (Where did they think we were going, Arizona?) One guy didn't even bring a full-face helmet. Neverhteless, we headed off into a wall of water toward Hyder, Alaska, which was 375 miles away.

They all got soaked before we'd gone the first mile, of course, and two of them pulled over 50 miles later and took refuge in a cafe to warm up. The spray behind me was such that I couldn't see them pull over. I pulled over after 70 miles to check on everybody, only to find the two missing, so then we headed back to find them. In the end, we rode right by the cafe they were in because neither they nor their bikes were visible. We three got back to Vanderhoof having not yet found the other two. We searched through the town, and even called the cops, to ask if they had been in an accident. With nothing else to do, we stopped for some soup in a restaurant facing the route they would have to come in on, leaving our bikes on prominent display, so they could not miss them. Fortunately, they showed up about an hour later.

By then, it was 3:00, and the forecast was for three more days of rain, so we stayed the night in Vanderhoof and planned to head east the next morning and explore eastern BC. That turned out to be a good decision.

We made it to Vaderhoof Friday night, after a 634-mile day. Great roads, especially 12 between Lytton and Liloet.

Awoke to the rain Rustybucket alluded to. That's when I discovered that of the five people in my group, I was the only one with rain gear. (Where did they think we were going, Arizona?) One guy didn't even bring a full-face helmet. Neverhteless, we headed off into a wall of water toward Hyder, Alaska, which was 375 miles away.

They all got soaked before we'd gone the first mile, of course, and two of them pulled over 50 miles later and took refuge in a cafe to warm up. The spray behind me was such that I couldn't see them pull over. I pulled over after 70 miles to check on everybody, only to find the two missing, so then we headed back to find them. In the end, we rode right by the cafe they were in because neither they nor their bikes were visible. We three got back to Vanderhoof having not yet found the other two. We searched through the town, and even called the cops, to ask if they had been in an accident. With nothing else to do, we stopped for some soup in a restaurant facing the route they would have to come in on, leaving our bikes on prominent display, so they could not miss them. Fortunately, they showed up about an hour later.

By then, it was 3:00, and the forecast was for three more days of rain, so we stayed the night in Vanderhoof and planned to head east the next morning and explore eastern BC. That turned out to be a good decision.

Good thing the "climate suits your clothes" :D

Glad you had a good time.