new Guzzi Sport

gthyni

Moto_Guzzi_Sport_1200_001r1.jpg

As reported earlier Moto Guzzi will concentrate on launching a sports bike next after efforts on the Norge tourer and Griso muscle bike. Today this has been confirmed from the Moto Guzzi press office. Moto Guzzi told me that they are testing a 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 litre engine destined for the new sports bike. Only one of the configurations will make it, but cubes will give the new bike more muscle and an advantage on the road. The bike will be fully faired and the styling will be a mixture between the Griso and Norge models. Pic: HvW

It is believed Moto Guzzi has been developing an adventure bike they intend to call Stelvio. Moto Guzzi told us this project has been postponed at least one year so no production ready adventure bike later this year at the EICMA show in Milan.

from www.raptorsandrockets.com

There's an interesting tidbit on the Raptors & Rockets site about Aprilia developing a new 1200cc twin engine. I wonder if this engine could end up in a new LeMans? Here's what they said:

"Right now Aprilia is testing its brand new, in-house developed, 1200cc V-twin engine at the Noale factory. It is actually believed that the new engine is purely built for road use and that the engine will not be used for racing. For World Superbike racing Aprilia is developing a brand new 1000cc V4. But to stay ahead on the roadbike market Aprilia needs a large displacement V-twin to match both Ducati’s imminent 1188R and KTM RC8 1150. So this is the reason we believe also the RSV will benefit from the new engine and eventually the Tuono as well. The current Rotax V60 1000 would not tolerate being enlarged to 1200cc and I see a bye-bye to Rotax on the horizon. Moto Morini and Harley-Davidson were first with a 1200cc performance V-twin in the Corsaro 1200 and V-Rod. The V-twin performance engine seems to be going through a revival period now and 2007 and 2008 will see all these machines hit the roads and racetracks of the world. Aprilia is not developing the new 1200 to be used for racing, so which other new models will receive this engine? Well, first of all the Futura and Caponord has been a bit of a sales flop for Aprilia so to revive these two models they will be the first to receive the new engine along with a softer version of the RSV. From being the top superbike in Aprilia's range the RSV will continue as a sportsbike for the roads where it will find its place somewhere between the Futura 1200 (the new sports tourer might get a new name, but we will go along with Futura for now) and the RS 1000 V4 superbike. Caponord is not a motorcycle Aprilia feels fits to well with its “racy” image and it is heavy and bulky. If Aprilia decides to upgrade it with the new 1200cc V-twin however it would be much more like KTM 990 Adventure than BMW R1200GS. Lighter, more powerful and user friendly. What is important to mention about this new engine is that it is purpose built for the road rather than following strict WSB regulations. Torque will be the most important goal, where RSV 1200R will get the most powerful version of the engine, ETV 1200 would get a version with torque only a big 1200cc V-twin can provide. This story will develop further. By Tor Sagen/CG’s by: Robert O’Brien "

:( I hope this is only a studio bike,

I second that, you can't have a silencer like that in a Sport intended bike and the fairing looks :vomit: .., half full/half naked but none of that. It is like trzing to copy themselfs.

Whay can't thez take some ideas from the MGS or the Ghezzi Brian supertwin and create something trully great?...(if they want to 'search' further)

Give me a brake , I am a designer , I know, :2c: only the MGS design kicks a$$, and I know lots of Japan bikers that would like to have an MGS looking bike,

there is no need to search further is a s simple as that,OMG!!!

If that's the new one , well sorry folkes I'll stick to my a194.gif 1100i Sport and buy some more of them, they have got cheaper the last 2 years e022.gif

Guest drknow

I second that, you can't have a silencer like that in a Sport intended bike and the fairing looks :vomit: .., half full/half naked but none of that. It is like trzing to copy themselfs.

Whay can't thez take some ideas from the MGS or the Ghezzi Brian supertwin and create something trully great?...(if they want to 'search' further)

Give me a brake , I am a designer , I know, :2c: only the MGS design kicks a$$, and I know lots of Japan bikers that would like to have an MGS looking bike,

there is no need to search further is a s simple as that,OMG!!!

If that's the new one , well sorry folkes I'll stick to my a194.gif 1100i Sport and buy some more of them, they have got cheaper the last 2 years e022.gif

Obviously a photochop. Good thing, too, cause all I can say is "Ow, my eyes!"

I'm waiting for the sub 500 lbs wet, 100 hp at the rear wheel new guzzi sportbike. Add in MGS-01 looks and I'm so there...

jm

Yeah its fugly. The guy who has created this has merged some images of a Griso with a Norge.

Lets hope that the genuine Guzzi designers do a much sexier job bearing in mind its meant to be a sexy Italian sportsbike not another old fart's BMW R1200RS.

I agree with Alex- obviously the MGS or Supertwin would be a good starting point.

That is if this proposed sports bike really exists........

Guy :helmet:

Yeah its fugly. The guy who has created this has merged some images of a Griso with a Norge.

Lets hope that the genuine Guzzi designers do a much sexier job bearing in mind its meant to be a sexy Italian sportsbike not another old fart's BMW R1200RS.

I agree with Alex- obviously the MGS or Supertwin would be a good starting point.

That is if this proposed sports bike really exists........

Guy :helmet:

I hope also that they make something fresh for a sport looking bike. I just wait to see that.That's one fo the reasons that kept me from buying some more Guzzis.Wait and see , though to my taste 1100i Sport is one of the 'sexiest' bikes ever made. People ask me if this is new model and when I answer that the design is more than 10 years old they just stare with open mouths.

I hope they can came up with something original and diachronical :bier:

Wait and see , though to my taste 1100i Sport is one of the 'sexiest' bikes ever made. People ask me if this is new model and when I answer that the design is more than 10 years old they just stare with open mouths.

I miss my old Sport Corsa- and it was a very good looking bike but I could not get on with the ergonomics because for me it was hell to ride long distances.

Definitely more sporty looking than the V11.

Here is my old baby at Angelsey circuit- if I ever saw her for sale at a reasonable price I would buy her back just to take out on the occasional short Sunday blast.

Corsa_at_Ty_Croes.jpg

if I ever saw her for sale at a reasonable price I would buy her back just to take out on the occasional short Sunday blast.

How about one with few miles (15k or so) at about 4.4-4.500GBP in excellent ,original condition un tunned,86WHP (2x exausts,ect.ect.)? no that's not mine but if you are serious I can ask. :glare:

:bier:

How about one with few miles (15k or so) at about 4.500GBP in excellent ,original condition un tunned,86WHP (2x exausts,ect.ect.)? no that's not mine but if you are serious I can ask. :glare:

:bier:

Thats a bit too much for me Alex- I think I would only buy my old one number 133 if it came up for sale.

Cheers

Guy

Speaking of photochopped Guzzis, here's one that's been posted to Anima Guzzista. I don't like the headlight but the rest of it isn't too bad. IMO there's no need for a bike like this when they already have the Griso.

streetbikesizedik2.jpg