New To The Club!

dshap13

My wife bought me the best early birthday gift a guy could want. 2003 V11 Sport. Here's the story:

My brother in-law (on this forum as kjaj97) bought this bike a few years back in CA. We were out for a family function, and he told me to bring my helmet, so I could help him break the bike in. Fell in love with the bike instantly. Knowing his background in trying something new every couple of years, brother in-law's intro, I knew it was a matter of time before I had a chance to purchase the bike from him. I told him that when he was ready to sell, please keep me first in mind.

To make a long story short, a few weeks back I had planned to pick him up from the airport later on in the day, as he was flying out from his home in Kansas. Played golf in the AM, came home and took a shower. Went downstairs to meet my father in-law, who said that he had something to show me outside. Walked outside, and low and behold, my brother in-law had ridden the bike out from Kansas, as he and my wife had set the whole deal up without me knowing.

Here's the kicker...

A few blocks from my house, my brother in-law stopped to get the bike washed and gassed up. Upon pulling out of the gas station, the dreaded gear return spring broke. The bike was stuck in second gear for the last few weeks in my garage, until I could get it fixed.

The bike is on the road now and I'm loving it. The info. on this forum and the knowledge base of its member is invaluable. Looking forward to being a part of the community.