Dyno Test - PC111

turo

Thanks everyone,

It looks like off to Danbury, CT I go!

Two more questions.

Can Dyno Tuning alone without the PC111 give me better performance.

Where do I get one of those remotes Antonio was talking about, that's something I need :D

-john

You can dyno tune without a PCIII, but it is more difficult and usually more expensive to find someone that tunes that way.

To do it without a PCIII the dyno-tuner needs to use a software package that directly access the map inside the ECU.

Doing it this way has the advantage of getting full access to the ECU, so that timing and other parameters can be modified.

Also it means you don't have that remote wired gizmo that Antonio was talking about under your seat :D

I use a program called TuneBoy to modify my ECU directly.

It works great. It is only slightly more complicated to use than the PCIII, but it provides many more options.

However it is limited in how it communicates with the dyno.

If you buy it and have someone like MotoLab

dyno tune it directly to the ECU you they would charge you somewhere between $600 and $2000 depending on how well tuned you want it.

The PCIII with Tuning Link works out to be alot cheaper.

But you get what you pay for.

Another way, is to borrow a PCIII, have it dyno tuned with tuning link, and then use tune boy to apply the PCIII map to the ECU. To do that you need the Tuneboy ~$400(probably less since it is not a full version yet), a borrowed PCIII, and about an hour or so on the dyno, $200-$300

What I did was simply use TuneBoy to apply a downloaded PCIII map to the ECU. It worked very well, but I still want to optimize it further. For that I plan to use an onboard wide band oxygen sensor that datalogs the fuel mixture as I ride :grin:

But that method is only for the truly obscessed.

Tuneboy for Guzzi is not yet listed at their site, but the good news is that Wayne will sell it to you for less than the full version because it is not complete, yet...

Alternatives to TuneBoy are:

FIM ULTIMAP

TechnoResearch DirectLink

and Axeone.