Holy Price Hikes, Batman!

Greg Field

I just checked on ordering a Guzzi titanium system to replace the one sold from stock last week. The price has risen to $1,529. Aprilia/Piaggio has lost their mind. Who's gonna pay that? They can keep it.

Yikes! :o

Guess that dream will remain unfulfilled!..

:(

Thus goes the way of the V11 spineys: as Mama Guzzi suspends support, parts & accessories prices will continue to rise...

It certainly doesn't help that the $ is in the toilet vs. the Euro, either! :bbblll: That's what we get for moving all our means of production elsewhere... :glare:

Hmm, I guess I'd better start taking welding classes again & build me a glove-box so I can make my own Ti pipes; there's no way I can afford that ticket for entry! :doh:

I just checked on ordering a Guzzi titanium system to replace the one sold from stock last week. The price has risen to $1,529. Aprilia/Piaggio has lost their mind. Who's gonna pay that? They can keep it.

How much did you pay for the last kit? Early last summer you couldn't find that kit anywhere. I stumbled on one and paid $1250.

Guest ratchethack

Wow.. I'm scratching that option off my list of exhaust possibilities!

waspp

By all means, be sure to exhaust all y'er possibilities! :homer::lol:

well, then you guys are soon paying the same as we do over here. I paid (hold tight) $2.600 (in todays USD values) for my set incl VAT and customs. so stop whining! :grin:

it has been a gift up until now.

:2c: not before time ! welcome to the real world.. :ninja:

The U.S. Dollar is pretty much in free fall against the Euro and Pound. That's probably why MG added $500 to the big Breva and Grisos before they ever hit our shores.

At least your gas is much cheaper! :rolleyes:

(leans back in chair and waits for expletives)

here they come: ###!!!!f#Kin#!!!!!

we have reached $2 pr litre.....($10 pr gallon?). beat that.

on the positive side, I found that the Greenie pulls 0,5 litre pr 10kms on longer trips, so that helps.

on the positive side, I found that the Greenie pulls 0,5 litre pr 10kms on longer trips, so that helps.

Yes that is a rip off- although my comment was aimed at our friends from the USA!

:2c: as it should be they've had it to good for too long. mostly around $1.45 per litre here now [$1.60 AUS=1 euro] :huh2: quote name='Guzzirider' date='Aug 9 2006, 07:40 PM' post='97356']

Yes that is a rip off- although my comment was aimed at our friends from the USA!

The U.K. specializes in all kinds of absurd taxes - even taxes on doorknobs fer gawds sake! Gas is no exception. I'll bet that no one in Northern Ireland buys gas there if they're within ten miles of Ireland where the gas is about $2 a gallon cheaper than it is in the U.K. Then there's that absurd "license" to watch TV. If Parliament could figure out a way to charge for the air being breathed, they'd tax that too. Small wonder we dumped the tea in the harbor and shooed the redcoats off of this continent. However, the U.S. Congress is starting to emulate some of the draconian aspects of the British government so I would expect that eventually, the USA will be just as screwed up as the U.K.! Fortunately, the USA is too damned big to populate with gatsos everywhere, so at least we'll avoid that machiavellian addition to life.

Greg, unless the price of the steel version has also gone up by a like amount, this one is probably not the fault of Piaggio. The price for titanium has skyrocketed in the past couple of years.