Complete Torque Settings?

rcono

Does anybody have a complete torque setting guide for a V11 Le Mans? I'll be doing my own wrenching soon on this bike and can't seem to find any info. Still ride a R1100RT and when I do the service I can look up all the settings in the front of the chapter in Haynes, and in fact I put together all the torque setings on one page so I can access it easier. The V11 owners manual gives some idea of what needs to be done as far as service is concerned however, nothing about torque settings on either valves, brake calipers, oil filter...etc. Has anyone compiled a list of all the torque settings on one or two pages? Greatly appreciated.

If not I guess I can use the hard and true method: Tighten the bolt hard as you can until it breaks and then back off 1/2 a turn. Use to work on an old Honda. Still ran when I sold it.

Use search function with "torque settings." There are few entries that may be of some help.

Guest ratchethack

Alex, I'd be very careful with the torque chart you posted. You didn't indicate which Guzzi this chart applies to, and many of the numbers don't line up with the V11 torque settings in critical places:

Example: My MOTO GUZZI S.p.A. (Cod. 01 92 01 31) service manual for the V11 Sport lists two separate torque settings for front and rear spindles:

90-100 Nm (70 ft-lb.) front

120 Nm (88 ft-lb.) rear.

Your chart lists 100-108 ft-lb. for both front and rear.

The cheesy stock wheel spacers are at high risk of folding up like a cheap suitcase under anything higher than specified torque. If you over-torqued the front spindle by nearly 40 ft-lbs., :o according to your chart, I'd expect a crushed wheel spacer and destroyed wheel bearings. Ditto the rear with only half the over-torque.

Just a word to the wise. -_-

Alex, I'd be very careful with the torque chart you posted. You didn't indicate which Guzzi this chart applies to, and many of the numbers don't line up with the V11 torque settings in critical places:

Example: My MOTO GUZZI S.p.A. (Cod. 01 92 01 31) service manual for the V11 Sport lists two separate torque settings for front and rear spindles:

120 Nm (88 ft-lb.) rear.

The cheesy stock wheel spacers are at high risk of folding up like a cheap suitcase under anything higher than specified torque. If you over-torqued the front spindle by nearly 40 ft-lbs., :o according to your chart, I'd expect a crushed wheel spacer and destroyed wheel bearings. Ditto the rear with only half the over-torque.

Just a word to the wise. -_-

Ratchethack, did you buy the service manual? Is it complete in the sense of not only telling you what to do do but showing you as well?

120 Nm (88 ft-lb.) rear.

As I have understood there is always a tollerance in the torgue 15-20% about it so as you see

at the end of it it is written

screws and nuts dia 6= 0.8-1.2 kgm

'' '' '' '' 8 = 2.5-3 kgm ect.ect.

So I guess your example is covered as well.

The diagramm agrees to he one I have on the Sport 1100i manual, it isn't the same order as in my manual but values are the same.I got it from the forum and I think it was from early V11 manual.

Will have to search my library and see it

Sorry if any missunderstanding caused ,but AFAIK this diagram was for a V11

Guest ratchethack

Ratchethack, did you buy the service manual? Is it complete in the sense of not only telling you what to do do but showing you as well?

Yep, I bought the service manual from Dave and Greg at Moto International. It's "fairly" complete, but as tools go, let's just say it ain't exactly the sharpest service manual in the drawer. If you excuse the typical low-level translation difficulties, it's passable, being more'n considerably better than nothing, with semi-passable photos and OK procedural descriptions. When you consider the lack of alternatives in hard copy, it makes things more tolerable. :luigi:

Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm. <_< I will say that so far it's got me successfully thru nearly all aspects of maintenance, as well as dismantling & reassebly of nearly every part of the bike, including removal & re-installation of the transmission, the notable exception so far being anything inside the cases -- and with the exception of a few typos <_< , I'd have to say it's done a fairly good job. -_-

Yep, I bought the service manual from Dave and Greg at Moto International. It's "fairly" complete, but as tools go, let's just say it ain't exactly the sharpest service manual in the drawer. If you excuse the typical low-level translation difficulties, it's passable, being more'n considerably better than nothing, with semi-passable photos and OK procedural descriptions. When you consider the lack of alternatives in hard copy, it makes things more tolerable. :luigi:

Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm. <_ i will say that so far it got me successfully thru nearly all aspects of maintenance as well dismantling reassebly every part the bike including removal re-installation transmission notable exception being anything inside cases and with a few typos have to done fairly good job. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sleep.png" alt="-_-">

Thanks for the help.