Cafe Sport Modifications

Wick

Some time ago I had MPH Cycles modify my new Cafe Sport to suit my tastes. The frame mounted fairing was removed and a carbon fiber Guzzi windscreen was mounted to the tripletree. The headlight was replaced with the older Bosch unit(so it wouldn't stick out and look goofy). The tubular bars were replaced with o.e.m. clip-ons like my Nero Corsa and raised with the MPH bar risers. While they were in there, I had them rewire the headlamp through a relay to increase the functionality of the light.

dsc00066kt2.jpg

dsc00068ju3.jpg

dsc00069pp3.jpg

dsc00072xh9.jpg

dsc00072xh9.jpg

Wick

Some time ago I had MPH Cycles modify my new Cafe Sport to suit my tastes. The frame mounted fairing was removed and a carbon fiber Guzzi windscreen was mounted to the tripletree. The headlight was replaced with the older Bosch unit(so it wouldn't stick out and look goofy). The tubular bars were replaced with o.e.k. clip-ons like my Nero Corsa and raised with the MPH bar risers. While they were in there, I had them rewire the headlamp through a relay to increase the functionality of the light.

Sweeeeet! :bier:

Yep,

There are three. And a Quota. I'm going to list the Quota for sale over at the Wildgoose website later on tonight. I've decided that I like my 1150GS better than the Q and I've had my fun with it. I didn't mention that the Cafe has the new slightly shorter bodied M4 carbon pipes on it and since I shot those pictures, I have removed the hugger and installed all three of the Edge Guard pieces to the aft underbody. It actually looks even better now. My next step is to take the bike to Atlanta to the Ohlins factory authorized repair/installation shop and have the suspension resprung for my weight and have it clicked in. Then, I think I'll be all done with this one, setup-wise.

Wick

Those are CRG levers. All of my V11's have them installed. Another detail I forgot to list, but those levers have great on the fly adjustability and look cool on the bike. They come in silver, gold and black anodized colors. I went with the silver because the gold doesn't really match the Ohlins very well.

Wick

• 1 year later...

It is just my opinion, but, cafe bike implies clip-on controls. The other factor is this set up matches my Nero Corsa identically. And, it is still all factory Guzzi regarding the parts.

When I picked up the bike from Mike Haven's shop after the mod's, he commented that this was perhaps the best new Guzzi he had ever delivered. This was after he did the first 600 miles on the bike so as to deliver it to me with the first service done. I rode the bike back from Houston to Memphis straight through and never touched a wheel on the interstate.

This bike should be a contender for bike of the month, but, I've never taken the time to send photos to Jaap. Thanks to all for your positive comments on my Cafe Sport. It's a special bike in my now 17 bike collection.

Wick