accessory lights..pictures??

wheelsucker

Does anyone have a picture of where they mounted their accessory(fog, driving) lights on a lemans or v11 sport? I've got everything ready for install, just trying to figure out where I want them, and where they would look good. I'm thinking about one infront of each fork leg or mounting them to the side of the fairing on the front wheel(probably not there though). Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Guest Gary Cheek

I was looking for quick and cheap here. The lights were $14.95 at K-Marts. I didn't really like the looks of the slotted side mounting holes A cheap, quick fix was to make up a set of keyed washers. Not really apparent in the photos but the Rectangular shaped black washers are milled from 6 MM 7075 aluminum. On the inside I machined a key to fill the slot in the sheet metal gracket that came with the light. The key prevents the waser from rotatating around the bolt. The plate between the bracket and the Guzzi indicator spacer has two tapped holes along side the central mounting bolt. After initial aiming a pair the cone pointed setscrews in those holes are slighty tightend and locked in place by the thin jam nuts. Simpler to make than to describe. The final touch was to turn the tops of the stainless bolt heads smooth and finish with a polihing. Total time about 1 hour total cost including smart switch $45.00 USD. Total problems , 0

Not very elegant but effective.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/108744...032728487wQsBsL

http://community.webshots.com/photo/108744...032728487JbzVnG

I used the smartswitch and a relay to turn the lights off and on by using the existing high beam flasher switch.

post-980-1156040907_thumb.jpg

post-980-1156040926_thumb.jpg

Guest Gary Cheek

So Gary, do those things do any good?

Sure do. The size is deceiving. They do a great job adding light to the peripheral blind areas.

They are every bit as effective as the 100MM , 55Watt each round light I used on my Eldo and Cal III' (At least they seem to be) They use standard H3 Holgen bulbs that are readily available in wattages from 25 to 100watt.

I would use them again and the price is almost a steal.