Ugly Duckling, My Ass!!!!!!!!!

v50man

BOYZ --------

The Centauro (I owned one for 6 years) is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL Guzzi EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Problem is, it was long and heavy -- a BEAST around town -- and pricey to boot.

Miss it -- but LOVE the V11 even more.

Kudos to Jaap for recognizing this.

Ahhhhh, that 4V motor..............

It sounds DECIDEDLY different...........

Viva la difference.............

OUT --

V50

bueller.jpg

I am totally freaked out by Macio's photos of his Centauro. If I had been aware in '98 of this bike I would have purchased it out of lust.

This could be the search for the holy grail for me.

The bike is very masculine, with a touch of femininity. Very Italian.

BOYZ --------

The Centauro (I owned one for 6 years) is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL Guzzi EVER!!!!!!!!!!

bueller.jpg

OTOH, I find it hands down the ugliest Guzzi ever, & have been saying so since the day I first saw one! But then, my tastes have always run to the conservative side... I have to admit, they do kind of grow on one. Kinda like a wart... :grin:

Lurv that motor tho'! Pity they're starting to find favor with collector's; I was hoping their price would stay depressed long enough that I could afford to find one cheap & recover w/ my own bodywork. A little glass, a little resin, a little paint: something nice could come of it! ;) Ah well, had I but world enough and time...

I see your Centauro & raise you a Spot 1100 in bright yellow. Call! Tsk, I think my hand beats yours... or maybe not: I imagine it depends on where the game is played!

:2c::bike::D

A Centauro story... A friend of mine in a shop of another brand had a Centaro GT come in for an estimate on some lowside damage, nothing major, exhaust can, valve cover directional ,handlebars and a few other misc items. Anyway the bike was considered a total loss and ended up sitting in the shop for 2 years evidently forgoton by the ins co, finally the insurance co said keep the bike for a storage fee. My mechanic friend ended up with a free GT with a clear title! I was surprised at how small it was but the bike is gorgeous!, Red and white (no repainting necessary) and that 4 valve motor sounds most excellent with the staintune cans. The Centauro is no ugly duckling and is now on my list of bikes hopefully to own!

waspp

So, does your wife have a sister? :whistle:

Hah! Beat me to it!.. How about a cute cousin?

;)

Another dolled up centaro:

intro.jpg

More photos of the complete re-work at www.drag1.de

Now that is hot! (The bike, not the overly zaftig model behind it...)

:thumbsup:

See what I mean about the Centauro being a great bike once you strip off that roccoco plastic it came with? :luigi:

;)

Another dolled up centaro:

intro.jpg

More photos of the complete re-work at www.drag1.de

I can't believe that someone would go that length to mod a Centauro and leave the worlds ugliest exhaust sytem on it! There are not a lot of choices for Centauro exhausts but everyone of them is ten times better looking than the stock crossover!

I can't believe that someone would go that length to mod a Centauro and leave the worlds ugliest exhaust sytem on it! There are not a lot of choices for Centauro exhausts but everyone of them is ten times better looking than the stock crossover!

:thumbsup: Too right... As they say, that's not a x-over, it's a colostomy bag! :P

Still, it is Germany, you know how hard they have replacing stock parts what with TUV (? - I think that's the agency...) breathing down their backs... :glare:

Still, we'd better keep this guy & Enzo separated: next thing you'll know, he'll have it painted particolored with a bright blue "Cobra" exhaust on it! :grin:

Ride on,

:mg:

Ahh, the memories of Centauro...

cent.jpeg

Ceramic-coated pipes and lower handlebars made it "mine."

Testosterone on two wheels...

You see, everything's a lot prettier once it's been unceremoniously kicked to the curb... :grin:

Thank you guys for your appreciation! :D

I have some other ideas for my Centauro, right for the next, cold, winter here in northern Italy... :luigi:

Buona strada!