Tourist Trophy 2002

G.POLEGATO

:helmet: Hi all, look this shoot. The only Tenni in an international race. 2002 Production T.T., rider is Ian Ashley. :mg:

Nice pic :thumbsup:

I believe the rider is in fact Ashley Law who in addition to being a decent TT racer, was mechanic in a Guzzi shop not far from here in Sheffield.

The bike was built by him and the guy who runs Moto Strada, Jason. I believe they blueprinted the motor and ran the crank and rods from an 1100 Sport Corsa. The exhaust system was custom made by Scorpion (Ballacraine has one of the sets on his V11) and the motor chucked out a huge amount of torque on the dyno (nearly as much as my V11 :D ). During the race Ashley was grinding the sump in the bends.

I did a track day at Cadwell Park the same year and he was there on his Tenni and he was keeping pace with the superbike racers and pulling huge wheelies over the mountain- it sounded ace too.

Guy :helmet:

:bier: Thank you very much Guzzirider, very good information for us. If the Guzzi shop is nearly your home, please take some pictures of this bike and also the #series!!! Best regards Giovanni #60

P.S.= Please,if you know the e-mail address of this rider,send me one e-mail

Hi Giovanni

Unfortunately the shop he worked in has closed down now and I am not sure where he works- but I believe the bike may be kept at Twiggers Motorcycles in Leicestershire.

http://www.twiggersmotorcycles.co.uk/index.html

If I ever visit I'll take some pics for you.

Regards

P.S. If it ever came up for sale at a decent price I would love to buy it

Nice pic :thumbsup:

I believe the rider is in fact Ashley Law who in addition to being a decent TT racer, was mechanic in a Guzzi shop not far from here in Sheffield.

The bike was built by him and the guy who runs Moto Strada, Jason. I believe they blueprinted the motor and ran the crank and rods from an 1100 Sport Corsa. The exhaust system was custom made by Scorpion (Ballacraine has one of the sets on his V11) and the motor chucked out a huge amount of torque on the dyno (nearly as much as my V11 :D ). During the race Ashley was grinding the sump in the bends.

I did a track day at Cadwell Park the same year and he was there on his Tenni and he was keeping pace with the superbike racers and pulling huge wheelies over the mountain- it sounded ace too.

Which Guzzi shop was that ?

The only one I remember in Sheffield was Jack Woods on Abbeydale Road.

Which Guzzi shop was that ?

The only one I remember in Sheffield was Jack Woods on Abbeydale Road.

It was Carnells if I remember correctly- wot used to be Motorcycle City. Guzzis were obviously just a sideline for them as they concentrated on discounting Jap stuff and went bust.

I was fortunate enough to have attended the 2002 TT. I was at Rhencullen when the Tenni raced. It was pretty scary watching him wobble thru Rhencullen (not a place you would want to wobble) as the bike appeared to have a hinge in the middle. I later heard that he had snapped his steering dampner.

I brought my Tenni down to croatia in september 2002, and the pawl spring broke, in slovenia.

long story, but when I found someone who could fix it , in Austria, the guy was going nuts about the bike because he knew all about some nut who had averaged over 100 mph around the island- and lo and behold here was one of those weird green bikes in his shop!

:helmet: Ciao Orson,have you take some pictures of this bike in the stands? I hope this!!!

sorry :(

I never thought to take a picture of it. I did walk by their pits. They were handing out posters and Moto Guzzi decals.

• 2 weeks later...

It was Carnells if I remember correctly- wot used to be Motorcycle City. Guzzis were obviously just a sideline for them as they concentrated on discounting Jap stuff and went bust.

Thats right Carnells bought Jack Woods business (Kawasaki and Guzzi dealer)and relocated to The Wicker site, they wanted a quick way of opening a Kawasaki dealership in Sheffield. I think that they didn't really want Guzzi so hid them in a corner. (I don't remember seeing them when I went in )