Final drive excess play on Sporti

Guest Nigelstephens

Guest Nigelstephens

My Sporti has alot of play in the axis of the rear wheel spindle where the rear drive pivots on the shaft.

I can move the rear drive about 1 to 1.5 mm and the gap is visible between the washer and the drive on the left side (rear fork).

I cannot remember it being like this before and the clearance is clearly excessive. The axal shaft hex bolt is tight and as far as I can see nothing else is wrong. The read drive does have some play when "rocked" on the axal shaft but this is not excessive but may indicate bearing wear.

Can anyone give me advice on this. Is it a known problem?

p.s. There is a washer/spacer between the drive and the axle shaft. Unless there are two such wahsers and one is missing I do not know why this gap is so big.

Thanks

Nigel

My Sporti has alot of play in the axis of the rear wheel spindle where the rear drive pivots on the shaft.

I can move the rear drive about 1 to 1.5 mm and the gap is visible between the washer and the drive on the left side (rear fork).

I cannot remember it being like this before and the clearance is clearly excessive. The axal shaft hex bolt is tight and as far as I can see nothing else is wrong. The read drive does have some play when "rocked" on the axal shaft but this is not excessive but may indicate bearing wear.

Can anyone give me advice on this. Is it a known problem?

p.s. There is a washer/spacer between the drive and the axle shaft. Unless there are two such wahsers and one is missing I do not know why this gap is so big.

Thanks

Nigel

Yep I have this play on the bike, my mechanic told me just about that about the bevel , that something has to be changed (though I can't recall all). I have not done it yet but will do anytime I have the time.Will hve to ask again and know exact all what it. Nothing to really wory about too much.