Anyone use Vista Cruise?

Guest ckamin

All the Moto Guzzi from the 80's had the cruise control by default, but recently it's become illegal in Italy, the argument of discussion was that the throttle is locked and the reaction to unlock it to stop whenever you need to is too slow. The v11 throttle is very soft and is not affecting my wrist and arm at all.

I use the throttlemeister cruise control/bar end weights. You have to fidget with it at times to maintain your speed but it gives you the relief you need. It never locks the throttle so tight that you can't back it off in an emergency situation.

I was curious if anyone had put on a Vista Cruise throttle lock/"cruise control" device on their bike and what feedback (use of, installation tips/tricks) they could offer.

Thanks!

Carl

http://www.soundoffrec.com/Default.aspx

Yes - on the V11 California EV. Useful on long hauls to allow you to flex your hand without speed dropping off but I wouldn't say that I'd miss it too much if it wasn't there. Certainly the cheaper option compared to a Throttlemeister and I have no problem overriding the friction if I want to throttle up or down without releasing it.

A tip though - if you do decide to fit one get the model for the Yamaha not the Universal fitment one. The universal has a great big fugly bar and clamp arrangement whereas the Yamaha one will fit Guzzi switchgear and throttle group OK with a bit of filing.

Graham

...The v11 throttle is very soft and is not affecting my wrist and arm at all.

Yeah but... how do you scratch your left armpit on the road w/o losing headway and getting run over by the cell-phone yakking, make-up primping, newspaper-reading inattententive idiot d@mn cage-monkeys?

;)

Ride on!

:bike:

Guest ckamin

Thanks for the advice! I will go ahead and order the one fitted for the Yamaha per the suggetstion and let you guys know how it works out.

Regarding the install, how did you work around the hand grip? Did you simply move it out or trim it?

Thanks!

Carl

I bought the smaller Vista design. The larger one had this arm that does not reach over the control assembly. With a little bit of fiddling I was able to make the sheetmetal bracket fit under the lower phillips screw. Works like a charm.