Hotter cam

ari

For some stupid reasons I am forced to replace the camshaft in my V11 sport -02....

I was thinking of boosting a couple of HP at the same engine rebuild and found a German tuning component for a repacement. The supplier asked if my head allows an overlap where the valves open 4.5 mm at the same time. Since my cylinder heads are not here for measuring, I ask this great space of bits and bytes, if this is possible, or is there a risk of valves hitting one other.

The head is very standard an non modified.

Would anybody have a head in hands for this quick measuring?

Regards, Ari

For some stupid reasons I am forced to replace the camshaft in my V11 sport -02....

I was thinking of boosting a couple of HP at the same engine rebuild and found a German tuning component for a repacement. The supplier asked if my head allows an overlap where the valves open 4.5 mm at the same time. Since my cylinder heads are not here for measuring, I ask this great space of bits and bytes, if this is possible, or is there a risk of valves hitting one other.

The head is very standard an non modified.

Would anybody have a head in hands for this quick measuring?

Regards, Ari

Normaly you don't have that much space. The common modification is to deepen the valve seats. Technically spoken that's crap. If you go back with the valves you reduce the flow quality what will cost you a good bit of what you can gain. But that's IMHO and only my personal :2c:

To make the thread shorter: I love my earplugs :P

Hubert