shipping the bike to the land of OZ

Guest jasper

Guest jasper

Hello there!

I was wondering if there is anybody out there that can give me a couple of tips on how to do a good job of shipping a motorcycle in a container?

I got exportboxes for motorcycles (big steelboxes made to be stacked, really strong IMHO) so i think that is sorted.

I was thinking to take the battery out, take the fuel out (customs/security bla bla probably likes that) and since i am going to OZ clean the bike to the best of my abbilities!

any ideas on that would be greatly appreciated!

Ciao

jasper

:mg:

Do a google search for "motorcycle transport" you will find several out there and then you can find what needs to be done before shipping as well as cost, etc.

Solid packing is essential as the yahoos that move everything around do their job.

Have you got a import permit? Are you shipping it or flying it. Disconnect the battery I don't think there are any issues witht he injection older car injection modules used to need to be sustained would be worth checking with your dealer/owners manual. If shipping it I'd think fulling it up with fuel to prevent miosture ingress and maybe stabiliser. General coating of some kind of preseving agent like lanolin or silicone. Australian customs are more worried about weeds and seeds than genral dirt so make sure you do under the guards etc etc.