Any sources out there for the Tekno bags?

Guest chevis

Guest chevis

Greetings,

I'd like to get some touring bags for my "02 Le Mans.

Was wondering if the Tekno bags are still available.

I prefer soft bags, not hard ones...well maybe if they could be painted to match the bike.

TIA.

Chevis

Guest chevis

We can order them at Moto Intl. We just sold our last set, and I wasn't going to stock anymore, but I will get them to order.

Greg,

Thanks for the fast reply.

Any cost info on the bags?

Also, if I'm not mistaken they expand to 30L, correct?

Are there any locks included w/bags?

Sorry for the questions, I haven't seen the actual bags, only photos.

Thanks.

Guest Mattress

I'd be interested too as I have heard a lot of good things about them. (I've now got Staintune slip-ons though - so not sure of interference issues.) I had a devil of a time getting my Cortech saddle bags to fit and with the right hand exhaust being an inch or two higher (on stock muffs) it was always a battle to re-adjust at every stop.

Before my 2000 mile trip through Michigan-U.P.-WI-Minnesota, I of course waited till a few days before leaving to rush off and buy the Cortech saddle bags and tank bag.

The night before I packed everything up and in the morning loaded up the saddle bags on the bike. After that frustration I raced back into the apartment for my new magnetic tankbag. Imagine my surprise when I plopped it on the tank and it just rolled off. After muttering something about "cheap chinese magnets" I grabbed a kitchen magnet from the fridge, which fell off the tank.....then I laughed at myself for about 5 minutes.

Tip: I read this decades ago in Cycle World. To help prevent paint scuff from luggage, clean your surfaces really good. Then Place plastic cling wrap on the dry surfaces....double it up if you want. Might look ugly but it worked. 2000 miles and no damage. Maybe someday I'll get around to buying some tankslapper stuff.

My Tekno bags split at the zipper seam on my first trip with them.

In my opinion, I didn't overload them. They weren't bulging or anything.

Took them to a horse saddle shop and had them repaired. Since then, they've been fine.

Yes, they do expand but they're not waterproof. Not a problem though. I just wrap my luggage in plastic bags.

We can order them at Moto Intl. We just sold our last set, and I wasn't going to stock anymore, but I will get them to order.

I think I was the one who bought that last set, you had to search around to find them but came through. I used them shortly after getting them, my wife and I went to a Guzzi rally and I stuffed them to their limit (my stuff was in the tankbag) and they worked great! They really are a good quality bag, the only downside would be the lock on the inside of the bag but I don't use it much anyway. It's amazing how much they hold when expanded, they literally double in size.

waspp