Rear Caliper

Lex

All,

I've been trying to replace the caliper on the rear brake on my 2001 V11 Sport for some time. I tried working with one of the Brembo distributors last year and got nothing but words. Anybody know where I can get a new or used rear caliper? Any suggestion for a distributor/ dealer who might really get me the part? I'd be happy to rebuild it but, according to the people I've spoken to, there are no rebuild kits available for any of the newer calipers.

I'm open to suggestion, this is the third time this stupid part has failed. The rebuild kit for a mid-nineties Ducati Monster has one pair of what appears to be the right square O-rings (and another seals that is of no use) and I've used the best two left in the caliper plus the two in rebuild kit to get the bike back on the road before (possible bodge point? :luigi: ) but I'm getting tired of the failures. Twice it locked the rear brake on, the most recent time I simply had no rear brake after the fluid drained out (some of it onto the rear tire!).

Help,

Lex

All,

I've been trying to replace the caliper on the rear brake on my 2001 V11 Sport for some time. I tried working with one of the Brembo distributors last year and got nothing but words. Anybody know where I can get a new or used rear caliper? Any suggestion for a distributor/ dealer who might really get me the part? I'd be happy to rebuild it but, according to the people I've spoken to, there are no rebuild kits available for any of the newer calipers.

I'm open to suggestion, this is the third time this stupid part has failed. The rebuild kit for a mid-nineties Ducati Monster has one pair of what appears to be the right square O-rings (and another seals that is of no use) and I've used the best two left in the caliper plus the two in rebuild kit to get the bike back on the road before (possible bodge point? :luigi: ) but I'm getting tired of the failures. Twice it locked the rear brake on, the most recent time I simply had no rear brake after the fluid drained out (some of it onto the rear tire!).

Help,

Lex

Fear not. You can get them. I was quoted a mere $70 from maybe BCM in N.H.

http://www.bcmducati.com/index.cfm

If they don't have 'em they know where to get 'em.

Give them a call. Really great people.

Then again there's Todd and Greg...they're ok people too. :P

(I needed a caliper for my Duc but then BCM hooked me up with a rebuild kit...very rare for

Brembo...they don't like our litigious way of doing things)

try to get the older daytona( daytona rs/sport1100/centauro might be the same) one, they the have same size, but have an extra dust cover. I might have one, but the postage might kill the fun.

Paul,

What would you ask for the one you have? At this point I'm interested in a better solution then the stock part, if you have one you can sell I'd be very interested.

I tried calling the shop Ouiji mentioned but they will not take my call and the instructions for getting around their stupid call blocking don't work. I guess they don't want my business. :huh2:

Lex

Lex:

At Moto Intl. we've been trying to solve the same problem for a few months. Guzzi cannot supply the caliper, and Brembo importers in the US are unable to supply an alternative that fits. If it were mine, I'd try the rebuild kit for an F05 caliper, and see if the seals are the same. Unfortunately, that's as helpful as I can be, but I'll let you know if we find a solution.