No Low Beam.

slug

Hmm. The low beam on the Goose stopped working. The high beam still comes on with both switches.

• Bulb: checked, swapped & passed inspection.
  • Relays: checked & passed inspection.
  • Fuses: checked & passed inspection.
  • Switches: no obvious shorts, I think...
  • Bulb connector: found a spider inside with its web closed off like it was about to lay eggs (really!)

The low beam lead (green/gray wire) at the headlight connector puts out 12v when the high beam switches are off, but the bulb does not turn on.

When the high beam switch is on, the low beam lead goes to 0v and the high beam lead (brown wire) goes to 12v and the high beam turns on.

All other electrical stuff seems to be working well.

Anyone seen this type of behavior before, or any ideas? :huh2:

Thanks!

Don't they share a common earth?!

They do.

Strange problem.

Slug, what exact voltage do you get at the high beam lead and the low be beam lead?

If they are the same I would say it is bad connector to the bulb.

If they are different by more than .1V I suppose the problem is elsewhere, most likely in the switch or one of the multiconnectors under the tank.

Guest scooterneal

I had trouble with the socket on my Bassa. It needed to be replaced. I over heated the socket by using a high wattage lamp.

Hmm. The low beam on the Goose stopped working. The high beam still comes on with both switches.

• Bulb: checked, swapped & passed inspection.
  • Relays: checked & passed inspection.
  • Fuses: checked & passed inspection.
  • Switches: no obvious shorts, I think...
  • Bulb connector: found a spider inside with its web closed off like it was about to lay eggs (really!)

The low beam lead (green/gray wire) at the headlight connector puts out 12v when the high beam switches are off, but the bulb does not turn on.

When the high beam switch is on, the low beam lead goes to 0v and the high beam lead (brown wire) goes to 12v and the high beam turns on.

All other electrical stuff seems to be working well.

Anyone seen this type of behavior before, or any ideas? :huh2:

Thanks!

check through the wiring and connections, sounds like a high resistance, will let the voltage through but not pass the current to light hte bulb